[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the FUCK was his problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

What the FUCK was his problem?
>>
>>2659879
Irish
>>
Dissatisfaction.
>>
Catholics.
>>
Britain
>>
>>2659879
He was a puritan
Need I say More
>>
The republic was a mistake.
>>
>>2659879
The Jews
>>
Cromwell looks like a washed up old country singer
>>
He was a good lad. Way before his time. A hundred or so years into the future and he'd be seen as the Briton Napoleon
>>
>>2660153
Because he asked the painter to exaggerate his warts
>>2660158
>this a new idea
It's long been held that if Napoleon died then France would become a constitutional monarchy, hell XVI had already set it on the tracks to be
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (99KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
99KB, 800x600px
>>2660165
>he asked the painter to exaggerate his warts
>>
>>2660158
Being this retarded.
>>
not enough boglings to bash
>>
His problem was being a hypocrite

>hurr fuck monarchs, men free to govern themselves
>hurr but my family is the new royalty, better listen to my son.

If Cromwell hadn't been so in love with himself and established a strong successor state British history could have gone very differently
>>
>>2660570

We wouldn't have had the victorian era, I'm not sure the trade off is worth it
>>
>>2660165
>>2660176
Not really, he just told him to paint him realistically instead of painting an idealized picture as it was common. Because vanity is a sin and also you shouldn't alter the form God made him in or something like that.
>>
>>2660570
I don't think he was really planning on having his son succeed him, he died fairly unexpectedly
>>
>>2660176
Because he was a puritan, and was barely convinced to even have a painting of him done
>>
>>2660570
>hypocrite
Not really, he just wanted to find the best form of government for the People
>>2660917
He was like 60 when he died, of course he was expected to die.
His son was clearly destined to inherit as the generals were taught to listen to him
>>
>>2661909
but it was a sickness that iirc wiped him out pretty quickly, he hadnt really groomed anyone for succession
>>
>>2661932
His son wasn't fully groomed but Cromwell thought the advisors would pass on and be safe
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.