[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unit 731

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9

File: 731-victims-005.jpg (56KB, 599x381px) Image search: [Google]
731-victims-005.jpg
56KB, 599x381px
How did these "researchers" get so ridiculously sadistic and evil?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

>human vivisection without anesthesia
>appendages and organs cut off and reattached in different places, again without anesthesia
>infection of patients with syphilis, gonorrhoea, bubonic plague, cholera, anthrax, and tularemia under the pretense of giving them vaccinations
>intentionally inducing frostbite to study effects
>testing flamethrowers and other weapons on defenseless prisoners

And then there's this account that sums up the conditions pretty well:

>One of the former researchers I located told me that one day he had a human experiment scheduled, but there was still time to kill. So he and another unit member took the keys to the cells and opened one that housed a Chinese woman. One of the unit members raped her; the other member took the keys and opened another cell. There was a Chinese woman in there who had been used in a frostbite experiment. She had several fingers missing and her bones were black, with gangrene set in. He was about to rape her anyway, then he saw that her sex organ was festering, with pus oozing to the surface. He gave up the idea, left and locked the door, then later went on to his experimental work.
>>
>>2658858
We learned a lot from those experiments though. Progress through terror I guess.
>>
And yet modern medicine came from them. If they didn't we would be stuck in the past so don't be quick to judge them as "evil". They wanted to better humanity.
>>
The gooks had a deep hatred for the Chinese people. They were even indoctrinating children to hate the Chinese also.
>>
>>2658878

>They wanted to better humanity.

>One of the former researchers I located told me that one day he had a human experiment scheduled, but there was still time to kill. So he and another unit member took the keys to the cells and opened one that housed a Chinese woman. One of the unit members raped her; the other member took the keys and opened another cell. There was a Chinese woman in there who had been used in a frostbite experiment. She had several fingers missing and her bones were black, with gangrene set in. He was about to rape her anyway, then he saw that her sex organ was festering, with pus oozing to the surface. He gave up the idea, left and locked the door, then later went on to his experimental work.

Most of what they did was completely unnecessary and could only be explained in terms of sadism. Just because there were some useful results doesn't mean everything they did was required for scientific progress.
>>
>>2658873
>>2658878

We actually didn't learn anything useful. Almost all their data was garbage, and what wasn't (or maybe it was? We have no idea) was locked away into some secret government vault and still hasn't been declassified. The average person certainly hasn't gotten anything out of it.
>>
Hannah Arendt's philosophy on the matters of why the Nazis and Japanese were able to undertake such vile acts towards fellow humans states that by bureaucratising and dehumanising the subjects as mere tasks or animals, allowed the perpetrators to commit crimes without a second thought.

This banality of evil isn't a form of sadism or mental illness but a sign that the wholesale murder of humans, sanctioned by a government, with functioning bureaucracy and a supposed purpose, allows a human to forget that they are taking a human life in the most ghastly of circumstances and instead are performing a task or as the Nazis said "just their job".
>>
>>2658873
This.
>>
>>2658928

This:

>>2658897
>>
>>2658897
Isn't most of the data about the effects of hypothermia from them?
>>
>>2658954
Just a myth. Hypothermia is a very old problem and was already very well understood by the 1930's and 40's when they conducted their """""experiments."""""
>>
What's wrong with using prisoners for SCIENCE? Why don't we do that now?
>>
>>2658954
That was Mengele's experiments.

The Nazis conducted actual scientific experiments to document in detail how people die, but the Japs were just cruel fags who tortured people while dressed up in "mad scientist" cosplay outfits.
>>
>>2658985

What? Nazi experiments were even more useless than the Japs.

Mengele, since you mention him, made such wonderful contributions to science as determining whether or not dying one twin's eyes blue will turn the other twins' eyes blue as well (it didn't,) whether or not Russians have in innate resistance to the cold weather (they don't,) and how much seawater someone has to drink before they die. Even seemingly valid experiments like those related to hypothermia are useless because of poor controls and bad reporting. The temperature prisoners were exposed to were not consistently controlled or even reported; some were clothed and some were not, but again this wasn't consistently controlled or even reported; and starving concentration camp prisoners make terrible models for anatomical research anyway. The purpose of it all was really just torture, and perhaps to determine the superiority of the aryan race.
>>
File: 1470246935511.jpg (132KB, 424x460px) Image search: [Google]
1470246935511.jpg
132KB, 424x460px
What is the source for the exaggerated horror stories about it though? I keep trying to find it and it leads me nowhere. Some of the "photographic evidence" seems to be fake as well. Mengele's stuff is more properly documented.
>>
I think there's something in Japanese culture that lets them do unthinkably fucked up stuff. There's a lot of kidnap and murder cases in Japan that are so exceedingly violent.
>>
>>2659026
Doctors are required to do whatever they can to try to save the person. There was a slim chance that he could survive.
>>
>>2658985
Wait is Unit 731 not the Nazi one?
>>
>>2658932
This
>>
>>2659026
i mean once he's dead he's dead
might as well try
>>
>>2659033
I'm sure there are way more of those cases from the West.
>>
>>2659001
>whether or not Russians have in innate resistance to the cold weather (they don't,)
wut
>>
>>2659026
Ouchi
>>
>>2659077
kek
>>
>>2659039
Not with the medical science of 1999 there wasn't
>>
>>2659001

Is this bait?
>>
>>2658858
This is nothing compared to what invading armies did prior to the last century, I don't understand why people focus on this when men like Tamerlame or Murad II were far more brutal, and for brutality's sake as opposed to scientific interest.
>>
>>2659033
probably all the repression boiling over if i had to guess
>>
>>2659104
They tried to use his sister’s stem cells to restore his ability to generate blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets.
>>
>>2659026
The Americans did the same thing when that manhattan project researcher fucked up and lethally irradiated himself.
>>
>>2659065
Because the west is bigger you dink.
>>
>>2659140
Well, I don't know about any of those Japanese cases you're talking about other than the murder of Junko Furuta (which there are a lot of cases in the West that are comparable to).
>>
>>2659147
>which there are a lot of cases in the West that are comparable to
Because the west is bigger.
>>
>>2659033
I used to think the same thing.

But consider one thing: Japan, as a nation, is also known for their impressively low crime rates and high expectations they set for their people. Their public education system, infrastructure, healthcare, and overall standards of living are the envies of the world, to an extent.

So whenever a Jap goes nuts and decides to commit a serious and bizarre premeditated murder, the entire world will hear about it. It just sticks out like a sore thumb because the Japanese people are not really known to be murderous or nutty, at least from a statistical standpoint. Tokyo is an incredibly safe city, despite its unprecedented population density. It's incredible that the city is as safe as it is. Hell, it's impressive that Japan, as a whole, is safe as it is.

All of these sick and violent murders from Japan are incredibly specific in nature. They are directly tied to the psychology of the perpetrators and the kinds of lives they lead. That is why there is always a story to these murders. It's not like the sporadic and frequent lower-class violence you see from american inner cities or Latin American slums.
>>
>>2658902
thread
>>
Try to also remember that various institutions of medicine and education her in the US participated in the cold-war secret tests against unknowing subjects. Often- subjects would be injected with things like liquid plutonium, and then their health would be tracked- all without the subject's knowledge.
>>
>>2659026
This is not Hiroshi Ouchi
>>
>>2658873

This.

Plus they were chinese anyway, basically one set above livestock
>>
>>2659240
Like the old saying goes

If you see shit in a toilet (a country like India, Syria, Turkey, etc), you wouldn't be surprised. That's where it belongs.

But if you see it on the kitchen counter (USA, France, Australia, Japan), then you know something's wrong.
>>
>>2658902
Before Nuremberg "following orders" was a legitimate defense in assigning (or rather dodging) responsibility for war crimes.

So it really wasn't the Nazis being dicks - that was a legit defense as far as they knew, just that it was turned on its head and eradicated by the Nuremberg court.
>>
>>2659291
It's not whether it's legitimate or not, it's more the psychology of how you can go along with such terrible acts and not see such a huge problem with it.
>>
>>2659307
Right, but as it was a legitimate legal defense, claiming it does not imply that was what they actually thought of the acts they had committed - just that they (in vain) thought it was what they had to claim to be acquitted.
>>
>>2659315
Yes but also it was a mentality.
>>
>>2659327
Possibly, sure, but the (German accent) "I was only following orders!" retort is usually paraded as an example of the banality of evil, while it was merely a legal defense that they thought would work.

The banality of their crimes comes across in other facets, to be sure, but I feel this is a misrepresented example.
>>
>>2659333
But it is an example of the banality. They have no remorse, nor did many attempt to deny what they had done or hide it.
>>
>>2658902
>allows a human to forget that they are taking a human life
>Human lives are special
Spook??
>>
>>2658873
Please give one piece of valuable information that was derived from these experiments. One thing we learned. One thing we didn't know before.

I'll wait.
>>
>>2659269
>her sex organ was festering

i know you're joking, but i wouldn't even let a cow live like that

can you believe there was a human being sitting in the corner of a cold box with an oozing fungal cunt, like some kind of discarded banana peel?

all isolated and whatnot

how can a brain even process that life

how can i even imagine that?

there is no god
i'm done with the internet today
>>
>>2658858

They were paid, that's how. Everyone has a price, especially if it's tied into a larger struggle about their race.

There's a reason why Japan only surrendered when faced with nuclear weapons, their government knew they couldn't pay the price (in terms of money, food, shelter) to fight them.
>>
>>2659041

Unit 731 = Japs
>>
>>2658858
>evil
You're the 'newton wasted his life' guy aren't you, it was all for an idea of the greater idea
>>
File: oppenheimer2.png (307KB, 550x956px) Image search: [Google]
oppenheimer2.png
307KB, 550x956px
What they did was evil, however I can't deny that because of them, as well as the Nazis and Russians, we made significant progress in the fields of biology. (And that's not to say the USA or UK probably had their own experiments done)

We owe them no thanks, but rather we owe them our progress in medicine, even if you don't like what they did.
>>
>Controversy has also risen from the use of results of biological warfare testing done by the Imperial Japanese Army's Unit 731.[35] The results from Unit 731 were kept classified by the United States until the majority of doctors involved were given pardons.[36]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_human_experimentation
>>
>>2658873
>>2658878
Holy shit the retardation
>>
File: IMG_1068.jpg (321KB, 962x1321px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1068.jpg
321KB, 962x1321px
The details of what happened next remain murky. Winslow returned to the scene, allegedly with marijuana. Money and drugs were exchanged between hands in the dark. When Scroggins and the other officers rushed to the scene after Officer Alkire confirmed the pot, they found $5 on Winslow and $20 on Perdue. Both bills had been marked, but no one could explain how, exactly, they got there.

Police arrested Winslow, drove him to prison, and locked him up. Six months later, a jury found him guilty of distribution of a schedule I substance (marijuana). Three months after that, a judge sentenced him to life imprisonment with hard labor, without the benefit of parole.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/02/27/fate-vincent-winslow-got-life-in-prison-for-20-worth-of-weed.html
>>
>>2659001
But how much seawater?
>>
>>2658858
Most of that didn't even happen.
>>
File: 1463926042830.gif (981KB, 1064x589px) Image search: [Google]
1463926042830.gif
981KB, 1064x589px
>>2659829
>>
>>2658873
>>2658878
The best thing to do now is to remove yourself from the gene pool.
>>
>>2659001
>Nazi experiments were even more useless than the Japs.
some scientific contributions were made possible by the steady stream of tissue the nazis provided to german anatomical institutes though

just one example: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_cell
>>
>>2659810
kek

But I'm seriously wondering this as well.
>>
>>2658902
>taking female philosophy for realz

No. Just no.
>>
>>2659710
>Le done with the internet me-me

Back to rebbit faglord
>>
>>2659112
Read Adorno m8. We're fascinated by 20th century war crimes not because they're some sort of barbarism (we have plenty of that since the start of recorded history) but because they're inextricably linked to the project of modernity itself, the fact post-enlightenment society has such an innate potential for "rational decisions" resulting in the death and suffering of millions is fascinating.
>>
>>2658897
>We actually didn't learn anything useful.
>and what wasn't (or maybe it was? We have no idea) was locked away into some secret government vault

You just contradicted yourself.

>we didn't learn anything useful!
>actually what was useful was locked away!
>>
>>2659001
>and how much seawater someone has to drink before they die.

That's not actually useless... If you are stranded at sea or sea water is all that is available then knowing the limits to what one can drink and not suffer side effects or even death would be quite useful.
>>
>>2658902
>of why the Nazis and Japanese were able to undertake such vile acts towards fellow humans

Sadistic torture is not strictly a Nazi or Japanese thing.
>>
>>2660073
but those limits were already known.

You should drink no sea water at all.
>>
>Numerous theorists and clinicians introduced sadistic personality disorder to the DSM in 1987 and it was placed in the DSM-III-R as a way to facilitate further systematic clinical study and research. It was proposed to be included because of adults who possessed sadistic personality traits but were not being labeled, even though their victims were being labeled with a self-defeating personality disorder.[11] Theorists like Theodore Millon wanted to generate further study on SPD, and so proposed it to the DSM-IV Personality Disorder Work Group, who rejected it.[6]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadistic_personality_disorder
>>
File: IMG_1072.jpg (81KB, 1024x538px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1072.jpg
81KB, 1024x538px
>>
File: IMG_1073.jpg (53KB, 458x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1073.jpg
53KB, 458x375px
>>
>>2659033
But their crime rate is so low and they're so clean
>>
>>2659026
This picture is not of Hisashi Ouchi, he never lost a leg.
>>
>>2658858
Highly concentrated Japanese autism + manlet syndrome
>>
>>2658873
>>2658878
The US government report on the aftermath of the "information" they recieved in exchange for granting the "scientists" immunity was determined to be useless. They actually learned way more from Mengele.
>>
>>2659795
There was no significant medical gain from Unit 731's experiments. Believe it or not, but that shit had already been done before

The Japs were just searching for a way to kill people faster
>>
File: tmp_10555-1489112752572469804228.jpg (333KB, 1106x962px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10555-1489112752572469804228.jpg
333KB, 1106x962px
>>2659033
>>
>>2660071
Thats not contradictory you fuck. Reading comprehension is something you lack more than the gooks lacked morals apparently. Lets break it down into some English 101:

>we meaning the common man in any society, the populace base that anon identifies as
>the other entity is a government, a select and small sub populace that holds special sway and power over the aformentioned we
>information contained by the government was never de-classified (thus never deseminated) to the populace we
>information unshared is unhelpfull, as no growth can be created if never learned
>thus none of the information, recovered or otherwise is at all useful, because none of it has been taught or learned due to its sequestering.
>>
>>2660772
Except that isn't true as the data held by the government would go on to Military R&D and would then eventually find its way into the populace after its been refined.

It finds its way down eventually, just in a more roundabout way than the garbage information.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.