[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pls help /his/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 9

File: French Drummer 1810.jpg (177KB, 736x1383px) Image search: [Google]
French Drummer 1810.jpg
177KB, 736x1383px
i love historical music (all of history but mostly napoleonic/1800s) and i want to start playing an instrument. I want to either start playing something like a flute or a brass instrument like maybe a small trumpet.

Which would be /his/ approved and also would there be some good sources for marching song sheets? thx
>>
Same here!
An instrument that would suit you is the fife. They used it all the time in the Napoleonic era.
As for the song sheets I can't really tell you where you can find them, so just google them.
>>
>>2657581
All about dat
BRASS
R
A
S
S
>>
File: 6ft vs 5'6.jpg (3MB, 1585x2177px) Image search: [Google]
6ft vs 5'6.jpg
3MB, 1585x2177px
>>2657596
actually the fife sounds a lot more convincing than the flute, looks like it might be relatively easy to play but there seem to be so many. Is there a fife that isn't so high pitched? I don't mind it too much but i live in a paper-walled house and my sister would beat me if i play that.

The upside to the fife is that it looks a lot cheaper than a trumpet but the downside is that i also like 1920s music and want to play that too desu
>>2657598
i would finger that B R A S S but all trumpets look like 1,000$
>>
Fife is what you want.

If you live in the NE USA you should be able to find local Fife and Drum groups that will help.

They play all that stuff.
>>
>>2657642
The fife is made to be heard over the sound of cannon fire, don't be such a pussy.
The recorder is a less shrill instrument that's inexpensive and easy to play, that might suit your needs.
>>
File: British NCO.jpg (121KB, 501x640px) Image search: [Google]
British NCO.jpg
121KB, 501x640px
>>2657654
Canadafag actually, i don't live in Ontario but i'd actually love reenacting in 1812 battles. Are reenactments easy to get into?
>>2657668
i'll be a pussy if i wanna be fuck standing in 2-file lines
>>
File: Battle_of_Waterloo_1815.png (3MB, 1854x846px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_of_Waterloo_1815.png
3MB, 1854x846px
>>2657690
Most reenacting groups maintain a couple loaner stands of arms for people who want to try it out. Just contact them and ask, most people involved in the hobby are more than happy to talk to those who are interested,

t.canadafag 1812 reenactor
>>
File: British Grenadier.jpg (82KB, 524x684px) Image search: [Google]
British Grenadier.jpg
82KB, 524x684px
>>2659030
bruh how expensive is the hobby and how much of my time would it take?

Also where do i contact reenactor groups?
>>
Just buy Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Wars or play
https://www.roblox.com/games/9528010/Blood-Iron
>>
File: British Hold.jpg (289KB, 1600x718px) Image search: [Google]
British Hold.jpg
289KB, 1600x718px
>>2659072
The initial costs are pretty high, a uniform and musket bought used total around $1200 if you have connections to the community. You can find lots of groups on Facebook. If you share your province I could probably recommend a group to start with. It takes as much time as you want to put into it. Events mostly take place in the summer and most of them are in Ontario or the northern US. I probably spend 2-3 weeks a year reenacting but that's because every event is a road trip for me due to my location. Like I said before though, most groups have loaner kit to help people get started (which can take a couple years).
>>
File: Polish Ulhans.jpg (88KB, 764x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Polish Ulhans.jpg
88KB, 764x1024px
>>2659094
wowee, i'd totally be willing to make it rain (with cash) once i actually get a job and i'd like to have a fine uniform. I live in Québec but just at Montreal which seems close i guess to Ottawa. Also where do people buy these things is there like suppliers or something?
>>
File: napoleon's last try.jpg (67KB, 944x374px) Image search: [Google]
napoleon's last try.jpg
67KB, 944x374px
>>2659114
I'm not sure about groups in Quebec, your best bet is to find a local 1812 era fort and check the facebook page to see who's linked. Uniforms are usually tailored specifically to you but you can find lots of related material at http://www.militaryheritage.com/ and http://www.loyalistarms.ca/mainpage.php

As bilingual (I assume) if you start reenacting, you have endless access to the best summer jobs at National Historic Sights across Canada.

If you're serious about this make contact with a group soon and you'll be able to try it out this summer.
>>
>>2659151
you're the real mvp anon, gonna find some groups on facebook and check out those links
thx bruh
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.