[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>jaded reactionaries think the industrial revolution was the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0633.jpg (355KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0633.jpg
355KB, 1280x720px
>jaded reactionaries think the industrial revolution was the "great mistake"
>haven't realized that humanity's been in decline since the rise of agriculture
>>
>Live in peace and harmony with nature, take what you need from the land around you-Paradise
>Taste fruit of Knowledge
>Have to toil and work the land for your living
Literally checkmate, Atheists
>>
>>2655371
The story of Adam and Eve is a metaphor for how women ruin everything.
>>
>>2655417

I thought it was about how snakes ruin everything.
>>
>>2655417
>>2655612
This, its anti-libertarian. Don't believe the sneks.
>>
>>2655612
Nachash does not just mean serpent, the ancient Israelites would not have literally believed it was a talking snake.
>>
>>2655636
proofs
>>
>>2655639
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5iZmrocHDo

Heiser, who's an expert on Semitic language, makes a convincing argument that Nachash can be validly translated as "shining one", that there was a dual-meaning in the name, which nicely ties into NT interpretations of Satan.
>>
>>2655639
If you don't want to watch his video, this is a blog post that nicely summarizes his claims. Ignore the end times weirdness. Heiser disavows any speculations on eschatology because it requires too many assumptions that can't be pulled from the text.

http://freedomfromdelusion.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-nachash-in-garden-of-eden.html
>>
>>2655646
This same word is used to talk about snakes (as in animals in the wild), and dragons, throughout the rest of the book.
>>
>>2655646
Also, there were snake cults in the area, and the Epic of Gilgamesh has a snake stealing the hero's power, like the snake steals the first couple's divinity here.

So I argue it is a snake, its just that to those people back then snakes were established bad guys. I imagine a lot of children died to snakes when they all lived in the small fertile areas around rivers with tall grass.
>>
>>2655654
No one is denying it means serpent, the claim is that it means more than just serpent. Also to be viewed in the wider Semitic religious context of serpents as symbols of wisdom.
>>
>>2655659
Yeah there's obvious symbolism around snakes but I still don't think the learned Israelite literally believed it was a talking snake.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.