[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Religion Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 17

File: world-religions-23163664.jpg (135KB, 1024x410px) Image search: [Google]
world-religions-23163664.jpg
135KB, 1024x410px
What religion were you born into?
What religion are you now?
Why are you that religion?
>>
File: 1460805337601-2.png (68KB, 853x872px) Image search: [Google]
1460805337601-2.png
68KB, 853x872px
Catholicism
Catholicism
Because it's the largest, oldest, most effective branch of Christianity.
>>
>>2653054
>atheism
>Protestant Christianity
>Because I have dscovered that god loves me and that I need him to be there for me. It's kind of complicate but It's what feels best
>>
>>2653072
>God
>him

REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2653071
I can immediately tell that your priest fucked you in the ass
>>
>What religion were you born into?
Catholicism
>What religion are you now?
None
>Why are you that religion?
The notion of God is ridiculous and incoherent to me.
>>
My mother is Anglican, but she refused to raise me as a Christian, preferring I come to my own conclusions.
I don't have one, I have my own opinions on what the divine may be, but I can't say I'm a part of any religion.
Because the ideas make sense.
>>
>>2653071
Non-Denominational Christianity
Church of Kek
Because Pepe, Peace be upon him, is the true Prophet of Kek.
>>
>>2653085
>The notion of God is ridiculous and incoherent to me.
Maybe you're just stupid?
>>
>born into
Buddhism
>religion now
Buddhism-lite ("western")
>why
Because I find the base premise and claims mostly valid and relevant given my own observation of the nature/human/life.
>>
>>2653094
he probably is
>>
>>2653054
>Cathocuck
>none
>religions don''t make sense
>>
>>2653094
I'm not.
Surely, you can't blame me for thinking the idea of something 'existing outside of space and time' is incomprehensible.
What does it even mean to exist outside of space and time, the very thing we use to determine permanence?
>>

Catholicism. Raised Catholic, went to catholic schools, mass every week end, pilgrimages once a year, catechism, participation in church life, etc.

Dunno. Thinking that there's a God helps me, gives me hope. But I've never felt the faith others around me have. I wish I did. I still do most of the things I did growing up, more out of habit, as a way to socialize with good, like minded people, to make people around me happy, because I enjoy catholic rituals and culture. Culturally Catholic Agnostic is probably the best way to describe it.
>>
A weird mix of Southern Baptist Christianity and Messianic Judaism (which can be either Jews who think that Jesus is the Messiah, or Christians who want to celebrate Hanukkah and shit; it was the former in my case).

A weird mix of agnosticism and Reform Judaism with Kabbalistic tendencies. Basically.

Because I'm a Jew, but not really strict, and I don't think Jesus is the Messiah. Also, I will never not be fascinated by mysticism and superstition.
>>
>>2653054

I was technically born into Twelver Shia Islam but my parents never really talks about Religion or somehow introduced me too it.

I am Agnostic but I am not hostile towards religion. I see the societal value of religion and that every culture developed some kind of religion must mean something.

Because I really dont know wether there is a god or not and just couldnt bring myself to larp although I see some Value in some religions.
>>
>>2653700
*talked
>>
>>2653054

Roman Catholicism

None

>Why are you NOT in that religion?

It boggles me that most humans crave the need to worship something or someone.

Strange, very strange indeed.
>>
>>2653054
>Judaism
>Christianism

I read the book a few times and it made sense to me, also I was really tired of being the only non-secular jew in my community that wasn't an orthodox
>>
>>2653054
Catholicism
Protestant
Because it is taught by scripture
>>
>>2654426
So you are a Jew who converted to Christianity? What denomination?
>>
atheism(fathers) - fascist catholicism (gral family)
laic buddhism
because we are literally the goat
>>
>>2653054
Islam
Atheist
Because I escaped my shithole nation and I can finally contribute to society. I'm a bio major in uni btw.
>>
>>2654460
I go to a Baptist church because the community is pretty welcoming and I made many friends of similar hobbies, but I haven't found a denomination for myself yet
>>
>>2653133
dont bother arguing.
your opinion is fine.
>>
I told my mom I didn't believe in God when I was 9, that was around the first time I seriously questioned it. But before that I was still pretty rebellious against the whole idea, I got kicked out of CCD, would teach other kids to curse, ask questions I knew would piss off the nuns, etc.
>>
>>2654199
it is in human nature to want to attribute will to soemthing outside ourselves
>>
>>2653054
Christianity (Catholicism)

Christian (Catholic)

Because it's the truth.
>>
>>2653054
Catholic
Catholic
Because it bears good fruits in my life.
>>
>>2653054
Catholicism
Atheism/Agnostic
I got into history at a young age and after seeing the various religions of the world and how they developed, it became difficult for me to hold any one dogma above another.
>>
File: 1480354173386.png (34KB, 822x899px) Image search: [Google]
1480354173386.png
34KB, 822x899px
>>2653054
A somewhat moderate Sunni Muslim household
Christian
Multiple reasons. The testimony of the apostles being one of the major reasons
>>
>>2654668
Why didnt you become an atheist? Other religions wont do the trick.
>>
>>2654681
But I do believe in a God, I just don't agree with Islam's view of Him.
>>
>>2654613
Catholics aren't Christian
>>
File: 1466734594226.gif (203KB, 475x276px) Image search: [Google]
1466734594226.gif
203KB, 475x276px
Christianity, Catholic to be precise.
Buddhism.
The concepts and ideals appeal to me more than blind faith into a being that can't be proven.
>>
>>2654694
You're kind should be burnt at the stake. The only reason your specific heresy spread like a wildfire is because of the printing press if it were not for that, Luther and his followers would have just been executed and sent to hell like all the other "Bible belivin' Christians" the Church silenced
>>
>Nothing
>Buddhism

Buddha just created a beautiful, simple, clean and non offensive way to live life that rejects idolatry, worship, and the notion of a vengeful god or some sort of overbearing creator. It's just about bettering yourself.
>>
>>2653054
Southern Baptist
Orthodox (Antiochian)
Dissatisfaction with the Baptists way of prayer, how little it is taken by the parishioners, and open communion.
>>
>>2654702
>You're kind
Aww, thanks anon
>>
File: St. Bartholomew's Day massacre.jpg (247KB, 997x1025px) Image search: [Google]
St. Bartholomew's Day massacre.jpg
247KB, 997x1025px
>>2654702
You know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
1 John 3:15
>>
Protestant Christianity
None
Because I believe that if there is a creator (or creators), none of the ones described in the mainstream monotheistic religions are them. Too petty for me.
>>
Methodist

Agnostic

No religion (except for maybe Taoism) seems legit in any way to me. Large scale organized religion gives off a scam feel, and just seems improbable.
>>
File: orthobros.jpg (140KB, 755x1010px) Image search: [Google]
orthobros.jpg
140KB, 755x1010px
>>2653071
>oldest
>>
File: theotokos.jpg (149KB, 477x600px) Image search: [Google]
theotokos.jpg
149KB, 477x600px
1.Episcopalian Protestant
2.Orthodoxy
3. I converted because everything about the Church made sense and could be explained to someone who doesn't like philosophy.
plus I understand Slavic languages better than I do Latin based ones.
>>
>>2654742
They split from the same root. Saying one is older than the other is only possible if your looking at it through a theological lens
>>
>>2653054
Islam, Sünni, Hanifi
Islam, Sufi, Mevlevi order
Because mysticism and whirling
>>
>>2654938
how can i into mysticism and shit, i am from spain.
if i convert will you take me?
>>
>>2654962
Yes, of course I will brother
>>
>>2654968
do i have to learn turkish and shieet
>>
>>2654973
No, you do not
>>
File: tumblr_oc4vwqPPoc1ufx0lco1_1280.jpg (249KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oc4vwqPPoc1ufx0lco1_1280.jpg
249KB, 900x675px
>>2653054
Catholicism
Slavic paganism
Because judeo-christian faith is weak, makes people weak and doesn't benefit the individual at all.
>>
>>2653054
Alawite

Alawite

It's literally the truth
>>
>>2655299
t. Bashar Al-Assad
But seriously, are you Syrian? If so, could you direct me to some serious, unbiased sources on the war that are better than CNN/BBC "REEEEEE think of the children!!!" or RT/most alternative media "Those stoopid warmongering Americanski!!!"
>>
Catholic

Agnostic/atheist

The Catholic Church teaches that origional sin and physical death is the unnatural result of humanity's first disobedience towards God, I believe death has been part of the world long before humanity's first disobedience.
>>
None
None
Because I have little reason to believe in imaginary friends.
>>
>born into
islam
>religion now
none
>why
Religion is used by stupid people to understand what they can't normally and it reassures people who fear death
If you live in a western first world country, have all the resources to learn about the world and if you still have a religion kys
>>
>>2655001
>Because judeo-christian faith is weak
wrong
>makes people weak
wrong
> doesn't benefit the individual at all
wrong again

christian values are what built stronk civilisations in the past. what you observe as weak christian western culture is only a result of left liberal agenda, which is becoming more mainstream because (((they))) pushed it
>>
>>2654460
>my fiancee was the only Jewish girl in a Jesuit school
>during a mandatory pilgrimage to Lourdes, while not even really taking part in the religious stuff we were doing she felt something
>Later told me it was the first time she felt any kind of faith
>ended up converting two years later
>tfw her parents are alright with it, but all the rest of her family shuns her
>>
>>2653054
Orthodox Christianity
Atheist
Why do you think fucker?
>>
File: Fedora.jpg (89KB, 651x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fedora.jpg
89KB, 651x720px
Catholicism
Atheism
I really can't bring myself to believe in a giant invisible man that lives in the sky

Also, I'll post it myself.
>>
>>2653054
>Catholicism
>(Soon) Orthodox
>Gens Francorum inclyta , auctore Deo condita, fortis in armis, firma Pacis fœdere , corpore nobilis & incolumis, candore & forma egregia , audax, velox et aspera
>>
Methodism
Catholicism (Confirmation and First Communion on Easter Vigil)
I'm Catholic because of the 2000 years of history behind it, with the Faith being defended for those millenia by Saints and the continued conversion of sinners to the Faith, returning to God like myself.
>>
>>2653054
Born into a Christian home. Grew the ability to think abstractly, now agnostic.
>>
>>2653054
Protestant (Icelandic Lutheran)
Protestant (Icelandic Lutheran)
Because it is the one true faith, plus I never got fucked in the ass and forced to pay indulgences for sodomy like the Catholic kids
>>
File: 1466533758188.jpg (101KB, 484x750px) Image search: [Google]
1466533758188.jpg
101KB, 484x750px
>>2653054
Roman Catholicism
Atheist/Jungian/Petersonian
It make a hell of a lot more sense than the alternatives.

Obviously, we aren't justified in believing in current religious dogmas, but attempting to handwave religion away as a bunch of meaningless bullshit is pretty absurd too. It's not possible to fully explain religion in terms of instinctual error or as a protection against death anxiety.
>>
>>2655876
Can you see me?

Am I invisible?

Neither is God.
>>
>>2654451
Meanwhile all the early Christians contradict protestantism
>>
>>2654702
Proof that Catholics are not Christians.

There are no pogroms, holocausts, or inquisitions where Christians burned Catholics at the stake.

Catholics are led by, and assent to, pure evil.
>>
>>2656771
Damn it, I was hoping for one day without a demon possessed Malaysian muslim poster.
>>
>>2656777
Just stating the facts
>>
>>2656771
Former protestant here. This is true
>>
>>2656771
>>2656804

function show_alert value=*Show User* eval("x=10;y=20;document.write(x*y)");
>>
>>2656852
Samefag is Samefag.
>>
>>2656852
>>2656854
It is still true

Show me a church father who into sola fide

I am waiting
>>
>>2656863
Busted as demon possessed.
Busted as Malaysian.
Busted as muslim.
Busted as autistic.
Busted as schizophrenic.
Busted as off your meds 90% of the time.
Busted samefagging
Busted as not knowing anything about the bible
Busted as not knowing anything about the quran
Busted as not knowing anything about Jesus
Busted as not knowing anything about Christianity
Busted as not knowing anything about Catholicism

You're just plain busted dude.
>>
>>2653133
>idea of something 'existing outside of space and time' is incomprehensible
Logic. Colors. Ideas in general.
>>
>>2655001
Macedonia reminds me of the Finns. Similar clothing and instrument.
>>
>>2656804
Current protestant here. This is untrue
>>
>>2656979
Too bad the early church fathers beg to differ
>>
>>2656983
Example on eucharist

"Consider how contrary to the mind of God are the heterodox in regard to the grace of God which has come to us. They have no regard for charity, none for the widow, the orphan, the oppressed, none for the man in prison, the hungry or the thirsty. They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they do not admit that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, the flesh which suffered for our sins and which the Father, in His graciousness, raised from the dead."

"Letter to the Smyrnaeans", paragraph 6. circa 80-110 A.D.

"Come together in common, one and all without exception in charity, in one faith and in one Jesus Christ, who is of the race of David according to the flesh, the son of man, and the Son of God, so that with undivided mind you may obey the bishop and the priests, and break one Bread which is the medicine of immortality and the antidote against death, enabling us to live forever in Jesus Christ."

-"Letter to the Ephesians", paragraph 20, c. 80-110 A.D.
>>
>>2656983
But then again you can't be talking about the apostles because they, and Jesus, teached protestantism. Catholicism is about hypocrisy and idol worship; not really what the early church father I know had in mind
>>
>>2656993
Except they also didn't

We know this from biblical scholarship

But hey, let's assume Polycarp suffered and died for nothing
>>
>>2655001
>>
>>2653054
Was born in no religion

Still atheist

Parents came from a commie country (Yugoslavia) and they just never bothered or cared to take up a religion again
>>
>>2656998
>thinks there is a difference between worshipping Mary (and other icons) and worshipping heathens' Idols

wew
e
w
>>
Catholic
Non-denominational Christianity
First time I went to church besides my Catholic Church I loved it. The singing was great and the sermon really spoke to me. I realized that's how church should be. When I would go to mass I would basically be waiting for it to be over, whereas I actually enjoyed going to my new church.
>>
>>2657019
There is. Tell me when food is actually offered to those statues or that they are treated as if they somehow house those beings

But the best part is how Polycarp who knew the apostles was worshipped
>>
>>2657028
>MUH fee fees
>>
>>2654694
Yessss they are lad
>>
>>2657046
It's not about the way they do it (give them food or not); it's about the fact that they actually pray to them, think they need someonebody else but Jesus between them and god and somebody at all between them and Jesus.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 360x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 360x297px
>>2657237
Yes and the early Christians also pull off that sort of shit. Either way it isn't Pagan

Deal with it

If you can't accept a basic concept of communion of saints that death won't separate then you are a moron
>>
>>2657255
Again, it's not about being pagan.
It's about worshipping something else but God.

Also, no I don't understand the basic concept of communion of saints that death won't separate, please explain (preferably with bible text)
>>
>>2657199
Not even close.
>>
>>2657269
Look at Revelations 18 where they rejoice over the destruction of Babylon. See how the saints on earth involw the saints in heaven.
>>
>>2657269
>preferably with bible text

"Letter to the Smyrnaeans", paragraph 6
"Letter to the Ephesians", paragraph 20
>>
Non-denominational Christianity

Now, well over the course of my life I became a 4chan pervert who said words against the holy ghost so I dont even know if Im ALLOWED to be a Christian.

Buut

I believe in the sun even when it shines not
I believe in love even when I feel it not
I believe in God, even when he is silent.

As for Jesus, it's hard to find faith in him when I don't have any faith in myself. so I dunno man, I dunno

I don't think he's God though, other then the beginning of the Gospel of John, there isn't really anything to support that doctrine and I realllllllly think they would have talked about him being God a lot if he truly was.
>>
>>2657509
And there you go. You can't even explain how the Martyrdom of Polycarp isn't idolatry by your standard

Deal with it
>>
>>2657510

He is at his strongest when you are at your weakest.
>>
>>2657552

Can a man live without God forgiving him of his sins?

If not, then I'm doomed because Jesus himself said that blasphemy against the holy spirit will never be forgiven, either in this age or the age to come. It is the sin that leads to death and I committed it. So now what?
>>
>>2657572

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship

Then maybe I can live....
>>
None
Christian
Because forgiveness must be raised above vengeance, despite of how hard this is
>>
>>2657544
>Until I see protestants accepting touching pastors
Are you legitimately retarded? You can touch your pastor at any time. If you're married you can eve fuck him.

>treating the bones of saints as more than gold
[Citation needed]
>>
>>2657583
>God proclaimed it when it was built that no one except the guys who have to carry it are allowed to touch it
>none of your saints is the greatest prophet of judaism (elisha)
>none of your saints is God's Son (Jesus)

Why take exceptions and personal cases and make them a general rule?
>>
>>2653054
Christianity.
Agnostic atheist.
Because I can use logic.
>>
>>2657612

Apparently you cannot.
>>
>>2657603
In the adoring sort of way like potrayed in the Martyrdom of Polycarp?

Because the situations you describe does not match what it says
Chapter 17. The Christians are refused Polycarp's body

But when the adversary of the race of the righteous, the envious, malicious, and wicked one, perceived the impressive nature of his martyrdom, and [considered] the blameless life he had led from the beginning, and how he was now crowned with the wreath of immortality, having beyond dispute received his reward, he did his utmost that not the least memorial of him should be taken away by us, although many desired to do this, and to become possessors of his holy flesh. For this end he suggested it to Nicetes, the father of Herod and brother of Alce, to go and entreat the governor not to give up his body to be buried, lest, said he, forsaking Him that was crucified, they begin to worship this one. This he said at the suggestion and urgent persuasion of the Jews, who also watched us, as we sought to take him out of the fire, being ignorant of this, that it is neither possible for us ever to forsake Christ, who suffered for the salvation of such as shall be saved throughout the whole world (the blameless one for sinners ), nor to worship any other. For Him indeed, as being the Son of God, we adore; but the martyrs, as disciples and followers of the Lord, we worthily love on account of their extraordinary affection towards their own King and Master, of whom may we also be made companions and fellow disciples!
>>
>>2657612

What makes people so sure that God doesn't exist just because we cant observe him...why the hell would he want to be observed? Yet, he still intervenes in the affairs of Earth, considering how people depend on him.

Sorry, if you just said Agnostic I would have left it alone but Agnostic atheists seem strange to me.
>>
>>2657632
Chapter 18. The body of Polycarp is burned

The centurion then, seeing the strife excited by the Jews, placed the body in the midst of the fire, and consumed it. Accordingly, we afterwards took up his bones, as being more precious than the most exquisite jewels, and more purified than gold, and deposited them in a fitting place, whither, being gathered together, as opportunity is allowed us, with joy and rejoicing, the Lord shall grant us to celebrate the anniversary of his martyrdom, both in memory of those who have already finished their course, and for the exercising and preparation of those yet to walk in their steps.
>>
>>2653054
Atheist
Atheist
I never understood the whole spiritual thing.
I used to think religious people were stupid but now i sometimes wonder if there isn't something wrong with me instead, like a color-blindness of the soul.
>>
>>2657676
>muh simile
>possess his holy flesh
>eager to be the first to touch him
Guess it's just a simile even when context makes no sense of it

When the author says "as being" he means it as worth as more precious than jewels. That is what he is saying

There is no indication of metaphor anywhere in that sentence
>>
>>2657676
>can't give a clear answer
>goalpost shifting
>>
>>2657709
Except it doesn't. The context shows us how the remains are treated as worth more than gold and jewels hence "as being". There is zero indication of metaphor there and the least one can say is that the remains are very valuable to whoever is handling them. That's it. And from the author's own expression this means it is literally treasure. A sentiment already expressed by calling the martyr's dead flesh as "Holy" and even using the perculiar expression of "possessors of his holy flesh"

Again, just a Protestant who can't handle what the text said that he have to make it inconsistent in its treatment of Polycarp

No Protestant would advocate treating dead flesh as something holy. No Protestant would advocate eager touching of key figures or martyrs in such a manner that people are vying for it

If any context proves you wrong. deal with it retard
>>
>>2657709
Similies are figures of speech like metaphors

Deal with it

The context shows otherwise that it isn't a metaphor. We are straight out told that the flesh is holy to the point that there are those who are eager to "possess his holy flesh"

That is sufficient indication to understand that when the author says that the remains are taken as being more worth than gold, they are serious as it is in fact considered to be something holy to begin with
>>
>>2654524
>left Islam because his nation is a shithole, so if you were born in Dubai you dont leave your religion
>>
>>2654692
Its pretty much the same as christianity aside from the trinity part
>>
>>2653054
Sunni muslim
And now no sect muslim
Because there are no sects in islam, it revolves around the point of the existence of one diety(God) and who ever believes that is a muslim
>>
>>2657830
very much not, they are practically opposites
>>
>>2657874
>muh Similies
>present context
>context not addressed
>Ignores the fact that other translations don't even say "as being" and go straight on to "more precious"

And this is why the Similie argument fails because the context and even translation itself intends for the author to be serious when he says the remains are as being more than gold and jewels. This is the only logical conclusion when taking into account what was mentioned prior which again you never address when I pointed it out

And get over it, a similie is a figure of speech, like metaphors

Deal with it

The early Christians contradict protestantism and this is one example of it
>>
>>2657874
this is what a similie is
>a figure of speech involving the comparison of one thing with another thing of a different kind, used to make a description more emphatic or vivid (e.g. as brave as a lion ).

This is a metaphor
>a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.

Again same thing, figure of speech

Context shows us that the author does not intend figurative speech when he described the remains as worth more than gold and jewels
>>
>>2657886
>muh context
>using obfuscations in translation to make an argument

>And this is why the Similie argument fails because the context and even translation itself intends for the author to be serious when he says the remains are as being more than gold and jewels.
The remains of every loved one are considered valuable to the people who loved him. Just because you´re too autistic to understand that things can have sentimental value as well as regular value doesn´t mean the context is saying the same.

> This is the only logical conclusion when taking into account what was mentioned prior which again you never address when I pointed it out
It's quite literally nothing. there is no reason in addressing a moot point.

>a similie is a figure of speech, like metaphors
No shit. That´s completely irrelevant to the argument.

Also, it's spelled "simile", stupid Cucktholic
>>
File: Smug Voltaire.png (1009KB, 760x920px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Voltaire.png
1009KB, 760x920px
>>2657896
>uses the word metaphor wrong
>gets called out
>"hurr they´re both figures of speech, deal with it"
It's not my fault your English is so poor
>>
>>2657861
Give examples
>>
>>2657921
Except of course it isn't considered to be on the value of holiness as the martrydom of Polycarp mentions. Key important point which again you ignore.

Another thing is how the Martyr himself was treated and his flesh explicitly called holy to the point that the faithful were eager to "possess" it. Again, additudes toward dead things which go beyond what Protestantism warrants.

Too bad if you can't handle the fact that the Martyrdom of Polycarp shows explicit veneration of a martyr. Even while he is still alive
>>
>>2657932
Too bad loser

The martyrdom of Polycarp is literal on its treatment on how the dead remains are viewed

Deal with it
>>
>>2657633
I'm not sure that God doesn't exist. That's why the "agnostic" part.
I just think it's unlikely.
>>
File: THE-POWER-OF-3b43hs.jpg (28KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
THE-POWER-OF-3b43hs.jpg
28KB, 500x358px
>>2653054
Catholicism
Catholicism
Sunk cost fallacy
>six years in CCD
>fulfilled all the pre-marital sacraments
>family is Catholic and has been since Roman times
>easier to keep going to church than to convert/explain why I stopped going to church

Also, volunteering at the weekly food pantry is fun, I guess.
>>
>>2654918
No, you're objectively wrong. Coptics and Antioch orthadox christianity is the oldest branch. Look it up.
>>
>>2656939
>Forgetting that the brain exists
>>
>>2656761
>this logic
Nigga you can't be serious
>>
Born into atheism but had to lie and say Christian growing up in a religious small town

Visits to a strip mall unitarian church were the obvious workaround
>>
>>2653054
Buddhism
Buddha's teachings
>Why are you that religion
Learned
- The Middle Way
- The four noble truths
- The Noble Eightfold Path
- Three marks of existence
- Five aggregates
>>

Thai Buddhism (b/c mom, white dad dgaf, grew up in 'merica)

Thai Buddhism-lite

I guess I like some of the concepts, but mostly I just enjoy the connection to my mom's culture and the community aspect. I probably wouldn't know anything about Thai culture and I definitely wouldn't speak Thai nearly as well if it wasn't for being forced to go as a kid.
>>
>>2653279
How does it feel having your own tribalist ethno-religion that inspired all the 'supremacist' projection against white people in history who have been nationalists?
>>
>>2658553

are you on r/hapa lmao
>>
>>2653054
None
None
N/A

Feels good.

I do find religious interesting from a historical and sociological standpoint. But the idea of believing in it myself makes me laugh.
>>
>>2653054
Lutheran
Lutheran (functionally agnostic)
Because it's convenient as a white American, and because I like the sense of community my church creates and I believe it to be a good influence upon my town.
>>
File: 1489530032566.png (66KB, 647x672px) Image search: [Google]
1489530032566.png
66KB, 647x672px
Parents were atheists, mom's into garbage retarded new age crystals and crap.

Politically I'm a NatSoc and when I was younger tried to incorporate Christianity into my worldview. Doesn't work - it's retarded to try. Christianity was founded by Jews and is a universal religion for all races, just like all the other Abrahamisms bar Judaism. Christianity = the flock/church is the tribe. My ethnicity, and by extension my race, is my 'tribe'.

I'm inadvertantly atheistic because I haven't found any mundane examples of godliness. I also don't buy wrapping around religious ideology my head through trying to reason belief in something. It doesn't work. No doubt in the past it was easier to believe in deities. It was agrarian and you weren't a rootless cosmopolitan. Your family had lived on the same patch of earth for forever, and you had the traditions of your forebears and a sense of continuity.

If I had to choose a religion/spirituality (you can't choose to believe in the divine), it'd be my ethnic paganism or plain deism. The Natural Order and the laws of nature seem the most reasonable.
>>
>>2653054
Catholicism
None
I don't feel compelled to have any
>>
>>2656905
>>2656908
>>2656916
could the mods please ban him again?
>>
>>2653054
Catholicism
Catholicism but i reject the current pope and i have some "heretic" ideas from christian heresies like catharism (ex: dualism)
Because i want to purge the evil in the world
>>
>>2658628
>can't handle it when Historical sources posted
>>
Atheist
Atheist
Pretty happy without religion, plus I find the mythic components of religion too hard to swallow and don't really care about the metaphysical ones.
>>
None.
Threvada Buddhist
Because it's teachings were most like my personal ethics and morality and lifestyle, so I chose it.
>>
Mormonism.
None.
Apart from all the historical issues and inaccuracies that show up, I can't really fit into the idea of there being a specific path to follow the morals of a god or gods. If there is an omnipotent being, what reason would they have to follow human morality?
>>
Islam.
Nothing. Ironic worship of Kek.
Most of you aren't normie retards so you'd know why. I still believe in traditional values though.
>>
Roman Catholicism
None
I believe in God, but I dont believe in religion.
>>
>>2654938
Cool I'm Naqshbandi brother
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.