[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best museums and historical sites you've visited

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1468811889972.jpg (950KB, 893x1263px) Image search: [Google]
1468811889972.jpg
950KB, 893x1263px
Title:
My mind always gets blown from seeing really old things up close, just imagining how someone wore that armour or shot this gun 50,80,1000s of years ago never fails to impress me.

That being said I'm wondering what museum's or historical sites have you visited (or want to) that left you with butterflies in your stomach at how much history was there.

Thanks!
>>
>>2651119
My grandma use to have a picture of her travels through india wielding a machete to which I managed to get a replica of when I was young like 11 years old, I'd hack up the bamboo in the neighbours back yard with it till that fucker went so dull you couldn't slice toast with it. Good times.
>>
Washington DC and London Museums were top tier
>>
I went out of country for the first time last year to England, and even after the Tower of London, Edinburgh castle, etc, the London Wall really awoke feels in me.
>>
Hermitage was 10/10
I went during summer though
>>
>>2651169
Noted, was it a certain exhibit or is it the things they have permanently that were good? I hate missing time sensitive exhibits
>>
>>2651119
I haven't traveled much, but locally (Minneapolis) has a rich history. Personally, I love the Mill City Museum. As you said, it's amazing to think "people worked here, machines, flour dust, the noise, the foreman barking orders and notices. Highly recommend it to anyone who happens to be in the area.
>>
The Imperial War Museum in London is amazing.
So is the "museum island" in Berlin.

In my own country, I really like the National Museum of Ireland and the one at Collins' Barracks. They have the actual flag from the 1916 Rising, which gives me serious "muh heritage" feels cos my great-grandfather fought in it.
>>
Gonna visit all the best London museums this summer. A week should be enough to visit at least the most interesting ones. The Biritsh Museum, Museum of Natural History, Imperial War Museum, National Maritime Museum and if we have enough time maybe we'll check out the Hosital museum (to see stuff that belonged to Joseph Merrick) or maybe even the Ripper trail in Whitechapel. Hopefully they will deliver but holy shit London I fucking hate you planning this trip is a nightmare.

In my own city they opened a museum of WWII that is supposedly fantastic (Timothy Snyder called it an achievement of a civilization or something) but there's too many visitors at the moment.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.