[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was there really an "Islamic Golden Age"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: muhammad.jpg (24KB, 200x253px) Image search: [Google]
muhammad.jpg
24KB, 200x253px
or is this just a meme
>>
or is this just a meme
>>
>>2646765
It happened not because of Islam, but because of fusion between Persian and Roman technology/culture, etc.

But the people who lead it were definitely Muslims
>>
>>2648749
retard
>>2646765
the term 'golden age' is meaningless, but Muslims experienced the height of their power under the Ottoman Empire
>>
>>2646765
Have you never taken a history class?
>>
No. There was a Persian golden age tho.
>>
religions cant really have a golden age but civilizations can, both asia minor which was primarily islamic and europe both went through a scientific golden age if thats what you mean, both had great kingdoms and empires too.
>>
>>2650878
A religious golden age would be an age of great piety.
>>
>>2648755

The Islamic Golden Age is decidedly pre-1299
>>
>>2646765
Its a total meme. What kind of civilization gets invaded by nomads and Franks who were supposedly backwards? Translating old books into Arabic is nothing special either.
>>
>>2650889
civilization during its golden age*
>>
>>2648755
Turks experienced the height of their power under the ottomans. Muslims experienced the height of their power during the expansionist caliphates or now. I'm leaning towards now.
>>
>>2646765

It's a myth that dates from the 1960's, and is part of the general leftist trend to denigrate Christianity and the West by falsely praising non-Western cultures, holding them up as superior to the West. If you read historians from the 50's there's no claim of any golden age, just a matter-of-fact description of the closing of the Muslim mind and the long dark age Mohemmed (piss be upon him) ushered in.
>>
>>2650889
>>2650910
So guys like these are fictional
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_ibn_Musa_al-Khwarizmi
>>
>>2650919
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alhazen
>>
>>2650919
>>2650922

No you dunce, what they are is "very few and very far between". Make a list of the thinkers from the "Islamic Golden Age", which, I remind you, is said to have lasted many centuries, then compare this list to one of the thinkers from the Italian renaissance, which lasted just ~100 years or so in one very small part of Europe.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.