[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some of you are alright. Don't go to Syracuse tomorrow.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: DONT FUCKING DO IT BRUH.jpg (52KB, 510x726px) Image search: [Google]
DONT FUCKING DO IT BRUH.jpg
52KB, 510x726px
Some of you are alright. Don't go to Syracuse tomorrow.
>>
>>2644032
That was nicias's idea you cuck
>>
>>2644032
Syracuse is rite for the picking tho
>>
>>2644041
>I WARNED YOU ABOUT EXPANSION BRO
>I TOLD YOU DOG

>>2644045
t. alcibiades
>>
it was a good plan if it worked you shit heads

Greece would have been surrounded on both sides

you try and come up with a better plan
>>
File: 1491364422370.jpg (37KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1491364422370.jpg
37KB, 633x758px
>>2644132
>send all your best ships and generals away on a fool's errand across the Mediterranean
>all because some italian pleb promised you more gold than they actually have
>act surprised when you get BTFO because you completely misread the situation
Really nestles my navy
>>
>>2644132
>it was a good plan if it worked
>>
It would have been successful with Alcibiades.

The whole mediterranean world could have become athenian.
>>
File: syracuse.png (235KB, 498x800px) Image search: [Google]
syracuse.png
235KB, 498x800px
>>2644032
>>
>>2644132
>you try and come up with a better plan

The biggest problem with the Syracuse Expedition is that the Spartans would never have let them get away with it, either during or after their truce. The real lesson of the first stage of the Peloponnesian War was that there was no way the Athenians could beat the Spartans outside of Greece when their allies were jumping at any chance to be free of Athenian domination. Athens greatest successes were always close to home, but they didn't have the same payoff as their immediate expeditions.
The real fault is in applying what we see as common sense to the Athenian war plan. They weren't aiming to destroy Sparta or avenge the insults sent to them by the Dorians, they were being yanked around by thetes who just wanted the chance to loot and pillage.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.