[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the reformation really a good idea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Was the reformation really a good idea?
>>
File: G7SbN.gif (1MB, 260x156px) Image search: [Google]
G7SbN.gif
1MB, 260x156px
Yup.
>>
It made for a pretty nice excuse to break vows of celibacy and steal church property.
>>
The corruption of the church proves it was a man-made institution and not the church of Christ

Europe was born again christian with the reformation
>>
>>2641701
Was not bankrupting Germany with indulgences paid by the metric ton of gold a good thing?

I suppose that depends on which side of the balance sheet you appear. The Vatican didn't seem to enjoy it much at all.

Nor did they change one whit.
>>
>>2641701
Yes
>>
REFORMation, the action or process of reforming the institutions and practices of the Church, yes. The "Reformation", new religious sects and cults leaping from the minds of anchorites, the mass theft of ~900 years of accumulated wealth by princes, a century and a half of religious war, chaos, etc. no.
>>
>>2641701
>>
>>2641701
It was the worst thing to happen to Humanity since the fall
>>
Earlier, medieval cults were at least consistent - they were dumping Catholic teaching altogetheter, including the Scriptures proclaimed to be inspired by the Holy Ghost and therefore infallible by the catholic councils of Nicaea and Constantinopole between 315 to 787.

"Reformed churches" claim to have a perfect version of the Bible while questioning authorities who claimed it to be the Bible in the first place. And this makes all of them self-contradictory.
>>
>>2641701

As a catholic, Luther brought legitimate concerns to the table.

He didn't, however, need to be a screeching autist about and plunge Germany and the rest of europe into prolonged periods of conflict.
>>
>>2642920
Anco fan here and I don't get this
>>
File: 1488443151463.jpg (18KB, 320x449px) Image search: [Google]
1488443151463.jpg
18KB, 320x449px
>>2641701

Yes
>>
>>2641701
yes
>>
>>2642965
>a screeching autist
He married a nun and had 6 children by her, more of a man than you will ever be.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.