[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pre-Mongol Islam was actually a pretty good time to be alive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: golden age.jpg (40KB, 501x225px) Image search: [Google]
golden age.jpg
40KB, 501x225px
Pre-Mongol Islam was actually a pretty good time to be alive in the Middle East. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>2641447
Judging by the dates in that picture, it was worse to live during the Carolingian renaissance than to be used as a living brick in Timur the Lame's human tower. Sure thing mate.
>>
>>2641458
t. Byzaboo
>>
>>2641447
>le middle ages went backwards

love this meme
>>
>>2641447
You're not profound for being wrong.
>>
>>2641447
That was indias golden age that Islam stole
>>
>>2641543
t. Pajeet
>>
File: 1366211609177.jpg (39KB, 432x576px) Image search: [Google]
1366211609177.jpg
39KB, 432x576px
>>2641458
>he ordered the massacre of the city's citizens; the death toll is reckoned at between 100,000 and 200,000. An eye-witness counted more than 28 towers constructed of about 1,500 heads each.

What the fuck was Tamerlane's problem?
>>
>>2641447
>Islamic
>Golden
>Age

funnier meme than
>Holy
>Roman
>Empire
>>
>>2641447
Anglo-Saxon England had more intellectual and social progress in one Kings reign, than Islam has had in it's entire shit-stained history.
Alfred "the Great" is named so accordingly. Alfred was given a full classical education in the quadrivium and Latin, and thus saw his people worthy of that as well. Alfred sponsored numerous state education programs for people of all social backgrounds, and even believed that women deserved to have a right to education as well. Alfred as well advocated the rule of law, believing people had the right to justice.
Alfred was of course influenced by the great scholars Gildas, Bede, and Alcuin. Hell, Alcuin was so famous that he was even invited to Charlemagne's court in Aachen. England saw great leaps forward in both medicine, education, and social rights. A great example of medical advancement is Bald's Leechbook, a medical book that contains treatments for an assortment of illnesses, and it is even being used today to combat drug resistant bacteria.
If you wanna believe that Islam was at any time "enlightened" then so be it, that's your right. You can not however say that Europe was inferior, or behind the Middle East in any way. This is because the country that is quite often put on the back burner by early medieval scholars, in fact contributed more in its comparatively shorter existence than Islam could ever dream of in its nearly 1400 years of oppression and anti-intellectualism.
>>
>>2641762
>Alcuin was so famous that he was even invited to Charlemagne's court in Aachen

A distinction he shares with an elephant from Baghdad. Look, I don't think England or Europe in general was as backwards as some trolls might think, but everything you just wrote is no less ridiculous.
>>
File: IMG_3620.png (340KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3620.png
340KB, 600x600px
>Islamic golden age
>Consisted of slaughtering Christians and Hindus and burning all the libraries they came across

Golden age for Muslims, and Muslim ideal vision of good times, I guess you're right
>>
>>2641669
He wanted to play extreme jenga
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.