[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what moment in history would you want to live?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Henry Ford.jpg (627KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Henry Ford.jpg
627KB, 1600x900px
For me at the Wild West in the Americas. I think it would be very fascinating
>>
>>2639778
It would most likely be pretty boring to be a farmer or rancher with like two other guys in the middle of the great plains.
>>
>>2639782
yes but what about being a cowboy?
>>
>>2639778
I hate to disappoint you but the Wild West really wasn't all that wild.

>>2639784
You can be a cowboy now. Just go find a big ranch and say you want to ranch hand but you have no experience.
>>
>>2639784
I guess but then again you spend most of you time herding cattle which I guess could be interesting. Also, you hardly interact with more then two other Cowboys. And you become disfigured from the waste down from riding so much. It was really shit work thats why they were the outlaws
>>
>>2639796
>I hate to disappoint you but the Wild West really wasn't all that wild.
but why?

>ranch hand
i wanna chase villains instead
>>
>>2639810
>but why?
Because it's a fucking myth propagated by a few highly covered incidents and television.

>i wanna chase villains instead
Go be a rural sherriff's deputy West of the Divide.
>>
>>2639807
>>2639816
Come on guys, don't be party poopers. It can't be all that bad
>>
>>2639823
It was pretty uniformly terrible
>>
>>2639823
It's almost like saying you want to be a turn of the century factory worker. It's terrible work for the poorest people.
>>
File: oklahoma-land-run.jpg (367KB, 1600x913px) Image search: [Google]
oklahoma-land-run.jpg
367KB, 1600x913px
>>2639828
how are you so sure?
>>
>>2639833
Literally this only happened once and all the people who got the best land were frauds.
>>
>>2639823
I no longer hate to disappoint you, so I'm going to do it again: The Frontier sucked ass for almost everyone. You want to hear the kicker? The modern perception of the Wild West was largely started by a fucking German who had never been to the United States, let alone the Frontier.
>>
If I had to choose a time other than now, probably the Antebellum South

Culturally I'd be fit in fine, plus my ancestors were kinda rich back then
>>
>>2639913
>Culturally I'd be fit in fine
tell us more
>>
>>2639816
>Because it's a fucking myth
I reject that assertion.

No area of land that size with the population density it had and the technology at their disposal could be called anything other than wild.

How the fuck could anyone possibly know if I found some ranch in the middle of fucking nowhere and killed everyone there? And then if they did find out how in the fuck would they possibly find me? Pictures are rare not to mention every study ever done on the subject has shown wanted posters of any kind are ineffective.

So why the shit should I assume that people just happened to record every instance of shit going down in that vast underpopulated land of everything west of the Mississippi from 1846-1910? Fucking why should I swallow that pill?
>>
>>2639778
I think I would pick the wild west too as long as I could take a small medical encyclopedia of some sort.
>>
>>2639972
this
>>2639816
fuck you
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.