[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Judas betray Jesus?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: judas.jpg (10KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
judas.jpg
10KB, 284x177px
I heard somewhere that Judas threw the silver coins in the roman tempel and yelled something like "i didn't do it for the mony!"

So what was his real reason?
>>
>>2636901
That the prophecy be fulfilled
>>
He did so that senpai would notice him
>>
>>2636903
this. the gospel of judas makes the most sense out of any of the gospels
>>
>>2636917
What does it say?
>>
>>2637187
Jesus actually tells Judas to arrange for him to die so that he can be freed from the cage of his body of matter
>>
Judas was a smart man and wanted a violent revolt against the Romans, not some hippy telling people to turn the other cheek.
>>
>>2637199
Its funny, the Judas from Jesus Christ Superstar has the exact opposite rationale, that he thinks Jesus is going to start a rebellion the Jews would certainly lose, like the later Bar Kokhba would, and had him killed to nip his movement in the bud.
>>
>>2637224
The Judah from JCSS is also a nigger
>>
>>2637236
And you can eat shit and die.
>>
http://southerncrossreview.org/49/borges-judas-eng.htm
>>
>>2636903
this
>>
Judas knowingly gave up his immortal soul to save mankind.

Jesus gave up his weekend.
>>
>>2637315
Ahahahahah retard
>>
If Judas only betrayed Christ because he was ordered by him to do so, why did he kill himself afterward?

Checkmate edgelords.
>>
>>2637407
So that nobody would find out the truth.
>>
>>2636901
Peace in our time
But seriously to stop the rabbi elders killing him for following a 'false' prophet
>>
>>2636901
He thought he would get away with it
>>
File: giphy.gif (979KB, 500x287px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
979KB, 500x287px
>>2636910
Senpai will always notice
>>
>>2637407
I don't know shit about the bible but I'm pretty sure most people would feel like shit for betraying somebody, even if the somebody told you to do it
>>
File: 500.gif (499KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
500.gif
499KB, 500x280px
>>2637224
JEEEEEESSSSSSSSSUSSSSSSS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-voeq7Cebo
>>
>>2636917
who wrote the gospel of judas and when?
>>
>>2638435
great song
>>
>>2637224
Jesus Christ Superstar is heretical, even if it has good music.
>>
>>2636901
he had been tricked by the devil and/or the pharisees into believing that what he was doing was right
>>
File: Executor.png (219KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Executor.png
219KB, 300x400px
First of all, Judas wanted shekels.
Second of all, remove this faggot image! It's blasphemy!
And at last, you must go UNDER THE SWORD NOW!
>>
Jesus ordered him to. It's in John.

>In truth, I will be betrayed by one of you
>The one to whom I give this piece of bread
>Eat this Judas
And Judas obeyed.

He probably expected Jesus to have a better plan than letting himself be caught.
>>
File: CIA.jpg (79KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
CIA.jpg
79KB, 716x768px
>>2641269
>was getting caught part of your plan?
>>
>>2638457
Gnostic heretics writing fanfic around 200 AD or so.
>>
File: 1490319201746.gif (82KB, 478x358px) Image search: [Google]
1490319201746.gif
82KB, 478x358px
Judas was Jesus , duh.
then Judas dies on cross betrayed by Jesus who takes marry aka "the holly grail" to the new world .
its all in the bible.
>>
The Old Testament describes "Two" different messiahs: the conquering king and the suffering servant. Judas, like many of his contemporaries, was holding out for Jesus to be the king instead of the servant, to throw off the yoke of the Roman Empire. He thought if he put Jesus on the spot, he'd be forced to defend himself and herald a real Jewish revolution against Roman rule.

When Jesus instead allowed himself to be arrested, Judas realized he messed up.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.