[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /his/ which time period and place really interests you and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Shieldwall vs Shieldwall.jpg (299KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Shieldwall vs Shieldwall.jpg
299KB, 900x675px
So /his/ which time period and place really interests you and for what reason?
For me it has to be early medieval britain, especially when the the saxons,angles and jutes started to invade.
I just find how they dressed, fought and lived in an early feudal culture interesting.
Also a society where paganism gets slowly replaced by christianity seems interesting to read about when both groups lived together.
>>
>>2636877
Stone age
>>
>>2636877
Rome, the republican government was really interesting, as was their military.

Samurai history.

Like samurai, the similarities to Europe are interesting as well as the differences
>>
File: Apu peasant.png (109KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
Apu peasant.png
109KB, 658x662px
Umayyad and Abbasid Caliphates. I find interesting how Arabs began securing the formidable conquests of the Rashidun period while continuing expanding and how they slowly established an administration, the cities they founded, how they set up an international trade network, their assimilation of Greek philosophy, etc.
>>
File: teno.jpg (81KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
teno.jpg
81KB, 700x525px
The Mesoamericans are rad as fuck, I really love their architectural aesthetics and Tenochtitlan sounds like the coolest thing humanity has ever done.

The Road to El Dorado probably is what kickstarted me thinking them and that idea of a city on a lake with those aesthetics being so cool.
>>
The Viking Age in general, seems amazing that a bunch of farmers in the far north suddenly developed ships that works as good in rivers as in the open sea and how far they managed to get on these ships.
>>
>Song dynasty China
A more fully developed bureaucracy than earlier dynasties, economic prosperity, and they managed to survive losing northern China.

>Europe 1450-1750
Europeans learn more about the world than ever before and attempt to organize this information, as Christendom ruptures from within.

>Central Asia
Once shaped history across Eurasia and one of the Islamic world's cultural centres, until it became a prize for empires.

>Iranian history, mainly Sassanids, Samanids, il-Khanate, Safavids, Pahlavis, and the Islamic Republic
>>
ancient greece, rome.

the fracturing of italy after rome.

the religious schisms in europe

started getting into the napoleonic era and the line infantry with muskets as a whole.
>>
Same as OP in addition to Vikings and all of Roman history.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.