[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what factors led the USA from laughable state of isolationism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: woodrow-wilson-9534272-1-402.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
woodrow-wilson-9534272-1-402.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
what factors led the USA from laughable state of isolationism to superpower
>>
>>2636689
It was already a worldwide superpower when it was in isolation. Politics just kept it back from fully flexing it's muscles. No nation could invade the United States. And from 1900 on I would even reason to say that in a long term war the United States could even beat England in a 1 on 1 war
>>
>>2636689
Why do you consider isolationism laughable?
>>
>>2636689
some world wars that didn't affected them to much
>>
>>2636727
what do you mean?
it was laughable in that precise context bc it led to contradictory immigration policies, ridiculous economic policies such as the Fordney-McCumber tariff to say the least
>>
>>2636689
>from laughable state of isolationism
Uh, the U.S. was never actually isolationist. You fell for a meme lad.
>>
File: grover.jpg (71KB, 600x836px) Image search: [Google]
grover.jpg
71KB, 600x836px
>>2636689
>isolationism

I think you need to learn more about late 19th century American foreign policy.
>>
>>2636860
talking about 1920 - 1945 here

>>2636846
it was though
>>
It's hard to point to a specific point.

The Indian Wars were often considered "foreign policy".

The Mexican Wars (yes plural) were obviously about exerting power.

In the 1850s we started claiming random rocks in the Pacific and made Japan being isolated weeaboo autists.

After the Civil War, we bought Alaska, our first non-contiguous chunk of land and thought our campaigns were Napoleon-tier.

In the 1890s, we took the vestiges of Spain's empire as well forced Hawaii to join us.
>>
>>2636689
Every other relevant nation was crashed in the two World Wars. Adding to that a huge easily claimed expanse of land for lots of resources and space for population.
>>
>>2636879
1919-1938 was when the USA was isolated, but only from european affairs. We did lots of stuff in Caribbean/Latin America
>>
>>2636895
you are right my mistake
>>
>>2636689

J. P. Morgan

Read "the origins of the Federal Reserve"
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.