[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else can't wait for pyscadellics to be proven the driving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2280.jpg (118KB, 486x484px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2280.jpg
118KB, 486x484px
Who else can't wait for pyscadellics to be proven the driving force behind our evolution?
>>
>>2636274
keep going with this
>>
what
>>
>>2636288
Nice little introduction

https://www.google.fr/amp/bigthink.com/paul-ratner/is-there-evidence-that-magic-mushrooms-played-a-role-in-human-evolution.amp
>>
File: erectus 1.png (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
erectus 1.png
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>2636274
>Terence Kemp McKenna (November 16, 1946 – April 3, 2000) was an American ethnobotanist, mystic, psychonaut, lecturer, author, and an advocate for the responsible use of naturally occurring psychedelic plants. He spoke and wrote about a variety of subjects, including psychedelic drugs, plant-based entheogens, shamanism, metaphysics, alchemy, language, philosophy, culture, technology, environmentalism, and the theoretical origins of human consciousness. He was called the "Timothy Leary of the '90s."
Not me. It'll mean that pseuds have completely infested academia.
>>
stoned ape theory is a load of complete unfettered shit and timewave zero has already been proven false in case you ever believed it

TM is a quack and if you seriously believe a word I pity you
>>
>proven
Literally impossible, unless McKenna invents a time machine or something like that. Aside from being bullshit, McKenna's idea is incredibly psuedoscientific because there's no way to falsify or even find evidence for it. It's basically just a fantasy about an idea he thinks would be cool and hopes happened.
>>
>>2636274

The revelation of psychedlics is not truth.

The revelation of psychedelics is the flexibility of mental faculties ranging from vision to touch to spatial imagination.

The dark side of psychedelics is the denial that real life is as psychedelic as a trip.

Universal truth is the name of a pit you don't want to be stuck in.
>>
>>2636274
>dude terance mckenna lmao
>>
This thread reminded me of the late great Bill Hicks
>>
File: wat.jpg (21KB, 400x387px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
21KB, 400x387px
You could probably actually find more evidence of the Biblical Creation story than you could of the Stoned Ape Theory. It's high-grade retarded.
>>
For a guy who has actually contributed so little to science, the fame and notoriety of McKenna is unreal. He'd be an interesting phenomenon to study in a sociology class or something.
>>
>>2638052
Isn't he pretty much the original DUDE WEED LMAO guy? He's one of the founding fathers of the drug culture, it's not surprising he's legendary.
>>
File: 1370907087047.jpg (31KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
1370907087047.jpg
31KB, 500x444px
>>2636274

Mckenna despite being a little bit silly on some of his theories was probably one of the best orators of the modern age - Ive never met anyone who can pull out such crazy obscure pedantic words on the fly to make something normal and boring sound like some sort of profound guru like truth.

Despite being on literally the opposite side of the political fight I still will listen to some of his lectures from time to time just to enjoy the way he talked. Definitely dont agree with his "Hey dude psychadelics gave monkeys super human visual and auditory boons which gave them an evolutionary advantage... and btw parenthood is a newfangled christian silly tradition - originally we all just got into a drug fueled mess, fucked everyone, and then because you couldnt tell whos child was yours you would be forced to take care of all children within the tribe equally."

but none the less he seemed like a nice man, and he will be missed. RIP McKenna.
>>
>>2636452
That's kind of the best thing about McKenna. He knew that his theories were either pseudoscience or easily falsifiable. His objective was more to reframe how we perceive our relationship to the past and to modern day society.

McKenna is kind of like Freud in this sense, he just kind of gets the ball rolling in a certain direction.
>>
>>2638052
I suspect it has to do with the drugs. Cults are often based around a shared ecstatic experience, such as wine in Catholic mass or cannabis for Rastas.

>>2638076
He's not a founding father of the drug culture, for that you're looking more for the Beatles, Bob Dylan, Ken Kesey and other hippie or even Beat icons.
>>
>>2638082
People hate McKenna because they want to think of him and his theories as a scientist and science. He's much more of a philosopher in the vain of Socrates. He's willing to say anything and everything in order to provoke new and interesting lines of thought.
>>
Evolution? No
Culture, religion, and traditions? Totally
>>
>>2638194
Absolutely, even though I've branched way away from McKennas point of view I still see him as a key part of my philosophical evolution through the years. If i never encountered him in my 1st year of college there is a good chance I never would have learned to love philosophy and would have never branched out of my /comphy/ biology/anthropology nook.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.