[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ayyoo white boi, why da fuck did Iberia remain neutral throughout WW2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1719.jpg (98KB, 449x299px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1719.jpg
98KB, 449x299px
ayyoo white boi, why da fuck did Iberia remain neutral throughout WW2?
>>
>>2632264
Mmmaaan, them niggas was just tryna keep they paper stacked. They couldn't get they boys to pop off with either side and have dudes back at home watching out for they hood. So they went cuttie and went ghost.
____
See I'm getting old because I'm looking at how I write in Vernacular and it's maaaad dry.
>>
File: Skeeeeeyup.png (275KB, 567x621px) Image search: [Google]
Skeeeeeyup.png
275KB, 567x621px
Spain had been ravaged by a civil war that lasted three years and its economy and army was in shambles. Adding Spain to the Axis powers would have but meant yet another headache for the Wehrmacht in the form of another open front with Britain and maybe US in the opposing side. That said, Franco kind of left an open door to Spain entering the war and only the bribes Churchill and the British ambassador in Spain astutely placed in the pockets of selected generals and politicians belonging to Franco's inner circle effectively kept Spain out of the conflict.
>>
Because Britain is scarier than Germany, and Franco was smart enough to realize that.
>>
>>2632264
The gist of it is that Spain was quite depleted from its civil war. Gibraltar and its capture by Germany was the main point of contention for the Axis. Franco had doubts that Germany could actually continue doing much in regards to winning the war and that allying with them would prove disastrous. When both Franco and Hitlerof them failed to agree on terms which would give Spain some much needed economic assistance and claims over territories in North Africa, that was the end of things.
As for Portugal, they have had a long-standing treaty with the UK and were basically told to stay neutral. The Azores were also used due to their air bases for the Allies and evacuation points for those in Iberia and Gibraltar. Even though Portugal and Spain were being led by two men who were seen as fascists whose ideologies lined up with Hitler's, they mostly sat on the fence during the entire war, which was the best thing they could have done.
>>
>>2632273
You is a true OG, my nigga. Yo skill in meming and nigga is top
>>
As if Spain would have done jack shit had they entered the war anyway. They have been as meme-tier militarily as the greaseball italians for the last 200 years.
>>
>>2632264
They were ideologically aligned with Germany/Italy, but knew they couldn't compete with the allies.

Besides, what could Spain do, invade France and take Aquitaine? And would Portugal fight Britain for Zambia?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.