[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would an alien contact change our society and religions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 76960149.jpg (68KB, 540x579px) Image search: [Google]
76960149.jpg
68KB, 540x579px
How would an alien contact change our society and religions?
>>
I think a lot of people would be suprised how little change would actually come from alien contact.

Religions would have no bigger or smaller role than today.
>>
File: georgia-guidestones-5[6].jpg (126KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
georgia-guidestones-5[6].jpg
126KB, 800x533px
>>2631283
there would be a mass extinction before such an event where you'd see the population of the world reduce to a few million so it wouldnt change that much and we would continue to synthesize into new knowledge and circumstances as they arose, at a much faster and smoother rate as we intergrate and hybridize whatever the fuck we can get from the engagement

like all collective engagements, befriend until control/kill
>>
>>2631283
It would be wiped out when they see our religious and cultural practices as abhorrent and put an end to as many of them as they can.
See: South America
>>
>>2631283
The nature of tribalism would change as humanity has a new 'other' to compete with.
>>
File: reagansmash1.gif (1MB, 176x144px) Image search: [Google]
reagansmash1.gif
1MB, 176x144px
>>2631323
there would be mass unification against a significant outside event, like nationalism, but globalist, like reagan mentioned, an external threat to unify the internal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LXwodhuZrU
>>
>>2631323
I doubt it

Whenever an alien force meets a disorganized group of kingdoms/tribes/cities/whatever the disorganized groups all think "EXCELLENT, I can use these strangers to fight my ancient enemies!"

This is usually followed by divide n' conquer
>>
>>2631283
there are contacts here and there but still ignored by the masses so not much I suppose. even young kids chillin in school saw them
https://youtu.be/_pKC11SDnog
>>
Most religions are already prepared for that. They will adapt.
>>
>>2631348
I mean if you're using the Aztecs as an example of that, they had been oppressing the other Mesoamericans for quite awhile
>>
>>2631283
An alien would have developed and evolved in such different circumstances that it would probably be unrecognizable as life as we know it. They wouldn't be able to understand anything about humanity, and vice versa
>>
>>2631452
i enjoy the entertainment of either interdimentional beings on which our notion of recognisable consciousness cannot penetrate thus it is as irrelevent as the question after death as an atheist, that and midkemia canon of valheru tier shit in which these elders or transcendent beings (talking post starcraft amon evolutionary tiers) each controlling their own snow-globe of omniversal existence if not being a summation or representatively BEING such a boundaried existence, comprehensable to us, probably infinite likely, yet multiple, dimensional, and do they interact across the infinity of time and thus space the only answer in terms of probability is that if we can conceive it then there is a chance and on a long enough time scale ALL and every existence, multiverse option, plays itself out, meaningless from our seat of singular entity consciousness but an entertaining thought none the less. perhaps an event will happen in "our" lifetimes, but it wont be real. tell you that much monkeys.
>>
Religion evolves to fit the narrative at the time. It's amazing but retarded at the same time.
>>
>>2631283

Look at how European contact affected the society and religion in the new world.

That.
>>
>>2632176
>retarded
back to ribbit
>>
why does everyone always assume aliens are more technologically advanced than we are? what if we make first contact and they're still in the iron age or an equivalent to it?
>>
>>2632406
Because terrestrial civilization is relatively young.

The planet's been here 4.5 billion years, and human civilization is only around 5,000 years old. Industrial human civilization is only like 250 years old.
>>
>>2632402
I disagree with you, thus I have determined that you are the Reddit user.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.