[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

War will never be a purely ground and naval affair ever again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: mfw.jpg (264KB, 908x714px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
264KB, 908x714px
>>
>>2628048
War sucks nowadays. All these random airstrikes and unknown assailants. How the fuck are we going to teach this in school in 40 years?
>>
>>2628048
>born too late for purely land/water wars
>born too early for purely space wars

feelsbadman.png
>>
Why is that bad?
>>
>>2628076
Because war now lacks a sophistication and honour that previously existed.

Now it is literally HELL on earth.
>>
>>2628056
>We need to make war BETTER so we can teach cool things to our kids!
>>
Dont cry because its over. Smile because it happened!
>>
File: 1490793564975.jpg (200KB, 764x512px) Image search: [Google]
1490793564975.jpg
200KB, 764x512px
>mass mechanized conventional war came and went in the span of a generation and only happened twice
>there are people who fought in both
>>
>>2628082
Is this ironic.
There was never any honor in large scale war. Maybe ceremonial conflicts, but real conflicts have always been awful affairs. I mean I think I would rather die in an instant explosion rather than gangrene.
>>
I bet the first time horse and chariots were used in battle the generals of the infantry only army complained about it too. "War used to be so pure and honorable, you used to have to stand on your own feet whilst bashing in a villagers head and.bathing in the blood of your enemies children"
>>
>>2628105
Being shot in line during the Napoleonic wars is in no way comparable to having missiles going off around you and nukes in modern day war, cuck!
>>
File: 1491332588964.jpg (53KB, 696x800px) Image search: [Google]
1491332588964.jpg
53KB, 696x800px
>guns in general are rapidly falling out of favor because of missiles
>shore batteries are no longer viable
>large fortresses are no longer viable
>anti-tank guns are no longer viable
>flak guns against planes are no longer viable
>tube artillery rapidly replaced by missile artillery
>big gun ships are no longer viable

FUCK THIS GAY EARTH
>>
>>2628116
Yes having a half inch ball of lead tear your arm off of make a fist size hole in your chest and you get to stick your fingers in it as you choke on your blood is better than a missle explosion knocking you unconscious so you don't even feel the vaporization and dismemberment.
>>
>>2628094

Three if you include Korea.And people fought all three
>>
>>2628116
So it is ironic.

Again its much scarier to not get killed by a missle than it is to get killed by one. I think instantly blowing up is pretty easy way to go. That beingredients said the fear of missiles must be intense. Getting shot any place other than the head would be much worse than getting blown up.

Also nukes aren't used in modern warfare.
>>
File: 1489289191879.png (99KB, 447x275px) Image search: [Google]
1489289191879.png
99KB, 447x275px
>battles between steel-plated big gun ships were limited to three wars
>never happened before and will never happen again
>>
>>2628094
>>only happened twice
>WW2
>War of Israel's independance
>Yom-Kipur
>Iran vs. Iraq
>>
>>2628090
HNNNGG
the cobra is by far the sexiest helicopter
>>
>>2628105

There was never honor in ceremonial conflicts.

If it's real war there is no honor because it's killing the innocent for necessity. If it's ceremonial war there is no honor because it's premeditated murder for entertainment.
>>
Outta my way ground fucking shits
>>
>tfw you will never get to lead a cavalry charge into the flank of an unprepared enemy
>tfw you will never stand in formation and overwhelm the enemy with superior musket firepower
>tfw you will never serve on a battleship and watch as your ship's 16 inch guns pound away into the night
>tfw you will never pilot a Lancaster in a 1000 plane bombing raid against the Germans

If I had a time machine I would take one trip into the past and then destroy the machine.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.