[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Books about Politics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (51KB, 680x1010px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
51KB, 680x1010px
I know that the Dictator's Handbook is kind of a meme, but I enjoyed the read so I was wondering what other books on political analyses you guys recommend.
>>
File: on-politics.jpg (766KB, 1084x1600px) Image search: [Google]
on-politics.jpg
766KB, 1084x1600px
>>
>>2628003
Gracias.
>>
>>2627550
"The Art of War" by Sun Tzu
"The Prince" by Macchiavelli
"On War" by Clausewitz
>>
>>2627550
Mearsheimer

Huntington
>>
File: 239430.jpg (26KB, 295x475px) Image search: [Google]
239430.jpg
26KB, 295x475px
>>
>>2628078
>"The Prince" by Macchiavelli
isn't this just satire?
>>
>>2628940

No it's a foundational work on realpolitik and will always be relevant
>>
>>2628940
Yeah, everything else he wrote was on how great republicanism is.
>>
>>2628940
>the dynamics if power and humans
>satire

Yeah, sure its satire. Thank you for your vote citizen.
>>
File: fukuyama.jpg (427KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
fukuyama.jpg
427KB, 750x750px
>>2627550
The Origins of Political Order
Political Order and Political Decay

Fukuyama is the final redpill.
>>
>>2628078
Machiavelli is incomplete without his Discourses on Livy, but these are excellent suggestions.

HanFeizi and The Book of Lord Shang for eastern legalism.

Hugo Grotius if you want more european stuff, but he's very dry. Julius Evola's Metaphysics of War has a cool commentary on the roman worldview (with some inaccuracies).

The speeches of Cicero and Demosthenes also.

The meme is Plato's Republic but that's literally just up his own ass 'I've figured everything out' unrealistic shit in the vein of Kant.
>>
What do I read if I want to become Doctor Doom?
>>
>>2629040
Manga
>>
>>2629008
I already read this. It's probably my favorite book ever.
>>
The republic
Aristotles politics
The prince
Locke
Hobbes
Lives of greeks and romans
>>
op's author did an interview on econtalk for another one of his books and he was the most insufferably smarmy contrarian full of questionable advice.So I don't think much of him

art of war, Machiavelli etc are all memes. Books with little applied value in modern politics nevertheless parroted by academics to make their courses appear legitimate. In reality a genuinely good book on politics hasn't been written yet. You might appreciate studying history
>>
>>2629034
>plato is a meme
>but the book of lord shang isn't

you clearly have not fully read what you recommend is all I can say
>>
>>2627550
"Why nations fail"
"On war"
"vsi political philosophy"
"vsi anarchism"
"vsi fascism"
"vsi marxism"
"vsi communism"
"vsi capitalism
"vsi neoliberalism"
"vsi philosophy of law"
"vsi geopolitics"
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.