[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Naturalism/Secularism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: SecSci.jpg (653KB, 2383x427px) Image search: [Google]
SecSci.jpg
653KB, 2383x427px
Considering its many detrimental effects on society as a whole, should it be registered as a mental disorder?
>>
>>2626428
>Considering its many detrimental effects
name one that isn't also caused by religion
>>
>>2626428
>foundational metanarrative
does it hurt having the Sokal this bad?
>>
>>2626428
#NotMySecularism
#YouAintNoAgnosticBruv
#SeparationOfPeace
>>
>>2626428
Secularism for government but with a healthy Christian majority is best.
>>
>>2626490
>with a healthy Christian majority

Except, the countries without that seem to be the most successful?
>>
>>2626784
>successful
>crippling poverty and unsubstantiated wealth

choose one
>>
>>2626872

Huh? Talking about Norway, the Netherlands, etc.
>>
>>2626898
Norway
>About 74.3% of Norwegians were members of the Church of Norway in 2015. In 2014, about 59.3% of all newborns were baptised and about 62.9% of all 15-year-old persons were confirmed in the church.
>>
>>2626898
You need to learn what christian means.

>>2626912
thx.
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 261x193px
Real Christianity is otherworldly and often insane as a result, the Orthodox refer to that as foolishness for Christ. Any society of pure respectability and sanity, can be Christian only in name.
>>
>>2626912
>His definition of christian is one that was confirmed
anon..
>>
>>2626912
most people don't believe in god here, the state just adds us into the church when we're born. people are just too lazy to leave or we don't leave on purpose so muslims won't get more cash to spend on their mosques.

but yeah, statistically, most people don't believe in god.
>>
File: ptz.jpg (19KB, 480x279px) Image search: [Google]
ptz.jpg
19KB, 480x279px
>>2626941
that is sooo 1800s.
>>2626963
that is the problem, they need to know "God".
Most are trapped in delusion.
>>
>>2626966
we're doing well without god, better than we have for most of our history
>>
>>2626969
>metaphors
>>
>>2626975
i am norwegian, we dont get metaphors
>>
Radical lifestyles were always an important element in Orthodoxy. Chrysostom ruined his health through fasting, John Attire lived on top of a tall pillar he built, never coming down, John of the Ladder species as KS with joy about monks who have their corpses ripped to shreds by beasts, Basil the Fool ran around in the snow wearing nothing but chains, etc.
>>
>>2627004
Attire, I meant Stylite
>>
>>2626428
>Considering its many detrimental effects on my feelings
ftfy
>>
>>2626490
>with a healthy Christian majority is best.
Why? o they can browbeat other people with their faith, use it to justify the bad things they do and whine that science or anything else that uses critical thinking isn't Biblical
>>
>>2626963
you're still very much culturally christian
>>
>>2627041
This
>>2627047
>you're still very much culturally christian
A few people that happend to come to this nation and believed in God does not automatically make the U.S. culturally Christian. Just like now, there were plenty of people in the past of this country that believed in other religions or didn't believe in God
>>
>>2626912
So you mean the protestant lutheranism is best. The one where you go to heaven pretty much automatically.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.