[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was being a serf really that bad? Redpill me on feudalism /his/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 20160818_170846.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160818_170846.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Was being a serf really that bad?
Redpill me on feudalism /his/
>>
>sun rises, wake up
>break back all day
>sun sets, go to bed
>repeat until death

It was a blast
>>
>>2624031
you forgot

>no baths
>bland tasteless boiled vegetables and bread for every meal with no seasoning
>get told every week at church you are going to hell

well fuck
>>
>>2624031
dont forget

>taxes
>to fund the nobles manors and degenerate parties

>church taxes
>to fund the churches cathedrals and degenerate parties

But at least you can sleep soundly at night knowing you are where you belong, even if you are a bit hungry.
>>
"Feudalism" didn't really exist. It's a presentist label invented to try and coalesce all various pre-modern systems of governance.

>>2624031
>>2624044
>>2624060
I suspect these anons have never read a history book about feudalism.
>>
>>2624104
Following on OP, I recommend you read the following:

Brown, Elizabeth. “The Tyranny of a Construct: Feudalism and Historians of Medieval Europe.” The American Historical Review 79, no. 4 (October 1974): 1063–1088.

Reynolds, Susan. "Fiefs and Vassals: The Medieval Evidence Reinterpreted" Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1994
>>
>>2624060
>>taxes
>>to fund the nobles manors and degenerate parties

nothing has changed
>>
>>2623921
Being a serf wasn't that bad. Intellectuals during the 17th and 18th centuries wanted to paint a negative image of the church and the dark ages (hence the name) which it is associated with. Peasants were just part of a lower class which always exists so for their time life wasn't that bad.

>>2624031
>>2624044
>>2624060
>t. Modernists
>>
>>2624104

>this is what reactionaries truly believe
>>
>>2624031
>marrying a loli, banging her everyday
>raising a god worthy family
>Serving your lord, having a purpose
>>
>>2624121

>Peasants were just part of a lower class which always exists so for their time life wasn't that bad.

A totally ahistorical assertion AND a non sequitur. Impressive!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.