[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

India

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: India-map-1g0zoz5.png (120KB, 1030x727px) Image search: [Google]
India-map-1g0zoz5.png
120KB, 1030x727px
What the hell happens here?

Has all of India's history been overshadowed by its time in the British empire, or are there things worth knowing about it?

Would there have been an India without Britain?
>>
>>2621945
>Would there have been an India without Britain?

Yes but it would be a muslim majority country.
>>
File: shivaji.jpg (69KB, 397x608px) Image search: [Google]
shivaji.jpg
69KB, 397x608px
>>2621945
There are plenty of things worth knowing about India apart from colonial rule under Britain. India has a rich history, and is home to an old and unbroken line of tradition.

>Would there have been an India without Britain?

It's tough to say. But giving Britain full credit for creating "India" is silly.

>>2621981
This is completely false, the Marathas had defeated the Mughals well before the British launched their campaign.
>>
>>2622028
What are some of India's proudest historical moments? Pre-British Raj, if I may ask.

How united were the Indian realms before European arrival?
>>
>>2621945
If India was never colonized I would predict that it is richer than it is now overall, but there is no single governemnt. There is so much regionalism in India already I don't see how they could unite unless forced to by an outside power.
>>
>>2622028
>But giving Britain full credit for creating "India" is silly.
I mean, for a country with over 22 official languages, unification having ever taken place and lasting this long is pretty crazy.

India is an artificial concept, really.
>>
>>2622036
>If India was never colonized I would predict that it is richer than it is now overall
Why exactly?
>>
>>2621945

That's like asking if there are "things worth knowing" about Europe.
>>
>>2622055

British rule was exploitive mercantilism. pic highly related
>>
>>2622068
What about pre-British rule?
>>
File: Krishna.jpg (39KB, 299x450px) Image search: [Google]
Krishna.jpg
39KB, 299x450px
>>2622035
What do you mean by "proudest historical moments"? India has a vast amount of traditional philosophy, art and literature. Contrary to what most people think, there are many instances of Indians fighting off foreign invaders successfully.

>How united were the Indian realms before European arrival
The political ideal of a united India existed for a long time even if it was never achieved. The Mauryans and the Mughals almost ruled over the entirety of India, and like I said, invaders were repelled often.

>>2622036
>There is so much regionalism in India
This is a dumb meme pushed by the British. All the states are perfectly happy being a part of India, with perhaps the sole exception of Kashmir.

>>2622039
They do have a common thread that has nothing to do with the British - Hinduism. And no, it's not just a mere religion.
>>
>>2622035
Spreading Indian culture to Southeast Asia. Especially under the Cholas, the one dynasty that projected Indian power effectively with a blue water navy. They even sacked Sumatra.
>>
>>2622120
Do you really believe India would have developed into the same borders today if it weren't for colonization? You can say the idea of a united India has long existed, but I'd be more inclined to believe that were it not for a common enemy to unite against, India would have had to fight a civil war to unite itself, which might have resulted in a much different state.
>>
>>2622471
Well yeah obviously things would have been different if it weren't for colonisation. What's your point?

My point is that there's a lot that's common between Indians and it's not just "lol we were all once British slaves".
>>
>>2622677
Some of us look the same?
>>
>>2622698
Be happy. You're an Empire who's government is a democracy.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.