[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kino historical period movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

What are some KINO historical period movies? Post them. They need to be approved by Rottne Tomatoes, otherwise I won't watch. Needless to say they need to be historically accurate too.
>>
The Name of the Rose.
>>
File: WW1list (2).jpg (4MB, 2200x3059px) Image search: [Google]
WW1list (2).jpg
4MB, 2200x3059px
>>2619761
>They need to be approved by Rottne Tomatoes

fuck off pleb
>>
Master and Commander
>>
>>2619823

I dont understand all the hype of this movie
>>
File: 1490270891290.gif (335KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490270891290.gif
335KB, 400x400px
Wolf Hall is fucking great

>>2619828
t. woman
>>
Post some more, don't be such faggots
>>
>>2619761
>They need to be approved by Rottne Tomatoes

Fuck off with your group think bullshit.

Also, what do you mean by "historically accurate"? Film is usually fictional in some form or fashion, Shakespeare's plays take massive liberties with historical facts.

But for answers as to some good historical films:

>Kingdom of Heaven (Director's Cut)
>Mongol
>Agora
>>
>>2619828
>he wants to see a guillotine in Picadilly
>he wants to call that raggedy-arse Napoleon his king
>he wants his children to sing the Marseillaise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goW9yUUvhb0
>>
File: Isabel y Fernando.jpg (922KB, 1313x738px) Image search: [Google]
Isabel y Fernando.jpg
922KB, 1313x738px
Top kino
>>
>>2620682
Historically accurate as in everything that happens in the movie is plausible for the given period, and clothes/uniforms/technology shown in the movie etc are accurate
>>
>>2620746

Then the movies I listed work for that part.
>>
>>2620749
I have watched them, with the exception of Agora. Looks like there are only a few actually good period films, because almost all of the ones that have been posted, I have already watched.
>>
There is that film The Illusionist, or something like that, set in the Austro-Hungarian empire in late 19th century. It's pretty comfy
>>
>>2620682
>Kingdom of Heaven is a good or a historically accurate movie
>>
Most of the good period films are just Romantic dramas, so you don't get to see any of the politics/war/ whatever that is actually interesting. They could be set in modern times and it wouldn't make such a big difference. It's a shame though, history deserves more than that.
>>
What about Amadeus, it looks like it's a very good film
>>
>>2620771

The directors cut and the theatrical release are two VERY different films. While I agree that there are historical liberties taken in regards to the figure of Balian of Ibelin it is otherwise pretty tight historically, well as tight as any film can be.
>>
Paths of Glory was very enjoyable, hard to say how accurate it was in its depiction of the command, but the battle scenes seemed quite realistic.
>>
>>2620797
Ridley Scott completely shits on the Bishop of Jerusalem solely because of his hateboner for religion.

Never trust a frothing atheist to make a good film.
>>
>>2619790
>Admiral

that movie is trash.
>>
>>2620812
Are you implying Ridley Scott can't make a good movie?
>>
>>2619790
>Capitaine Conan

Mon negre!
>>
>>2621319
Just ignore and report, he's infested this board with jebus segways.
>>
>>2620783
Didn't enjoy it desu, but then I didn't enjoy the play either. I just found it a little hard to take seriously.
>>
>>2619761
(((Rotten jewmatoes))))
>>
>>2621319
Not a good one with religion

Kindom of Heaven was Mudshitslim apologist shit
>>
>>2619761
Hollow Crown is one of the most kino series ever, shame the second series didn't hold up
>>
>>2619761
With Fire and sword, plus the other two
>>
File: civilwar.jpg (1MB, 1815x3000px) Image search: [Google]
civilwar.jpg
1MB, 1815x3000px
>>2619761
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.