[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

C.S.C.° PITTSBURG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1856.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1856.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Anyone know anything about brick's history? A clue about this brick's company is very valious for me, the date of this is a big misteryous.
Sorry for bad english, is not my mother language
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Bricks or did not happened
>>
A little background: in 'Haciendas' (Mex) there is places where the old the better. There are somemany of this bricks with inscriptions and other with other inscription like 'ohio'. So there is a fake treasure for tourist or really there was a company that makes bricks in some point of the history that export to Mexico's 'haciendas'?
>>
Made in the 1800s by an American brick making company. Trade likely brought it there.
>>
you sure it isn't from buttsburg?
>>
>>2617787
Probably but sound legit?
>>
>>2617798
Can be. The first two letters not showned so... I asummed that says Pittsburg, Buttsburg make sense for you? why?
>>
>>2617622
Im from Pittsburg. CSC almost certainly stands for "Carnegie Steel Company". Old steel company buily by Andrew Carnegie. He basically put pittsburg on the map and literally built 75% of this city. Total asshole though. Least i think so.

Anyways, looks like the brick was tge cornerstone of some building. Dunno if its worth anything. If it is worthless, you still might be able to get 20 bucks for it if you can find a native. People here love their city, and im sure SOMEBODY would think it was a neat thing to have in their steelers man cave.
>>
>>2617857
Oh yeah i forgot to mention (i fucking mispelled it to in my other post) PittsburgH used to be spelled without an H like 100 years ago. Something to do with Germans. I dont really know why. Not that into city history desu.
>>
>>2617857
Maybe but... why make bricks if their strongest point is the steel? Here Pittsburgh is know for the steelers, right. That's my first question about the auttenticitty of the brick. Furthermore, if you are from that city not make more sense that there was a lot of more of this bricks that travel thousands of miles? that's the problem. Apreciate your both comments
>>
>>2617857
Actually i'm not interesed in sold the brick. Actually the haciendas not sold this type of things like souvenirs, if you know what i mean. There are for the tourist and visitors to see but I was with the question about the autenticity.
>>
>>2617905
Companies typically don't print their name on every single brick, just every so often
>>
>>2617929
Of course, but I see circa 20 bricks with the same letters (only in one side) including ohio and c.s.c.° pittsburg in the same place. Why?
>>
>>2617905
The steel factory walls and furnaces were made of brick. You gotta remember this is like the 1880s through the 1920s.

Pittsburgh was an epicenter of steel production because the city is built at a point where three rivers meet. In those days, the easiest way to transport large amounts of raw material was via a barge along the river.

Im guessing a piece of a building fell off and found its way on to a steel barge, then got trasported to whatever beautiful corner of the world you're from op. It was probably discarded for not being, well, steel.
>>
File: IMG-20150416-WA0005.jpg (82KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20150416-WA0005.jpg
82KB, 1280x960px
>>2617981
Maybe, thanks a lot for the multiple answers and sorry for ban english. I'm from Mexico so is not my native language
>>
>So there is a fake treasure for tourist or really there was a company that makes bricks in some point of the history that export to Mexico's 'haciendas'?
>I was with the question about the autenticity.
They're real. I don't know where the hacienda is in question, but I have connections to a few excavations of haciendas in Yucatan and bricks like that were incredibly common. American industrial companies were making higher quality bricks than Mexico was producing at the time, so people with money would often import them, especially if the bricks were intended for use in things like kilns, ovens, and structural applications where high quality was important. In fact, I was under the impression that American bricks are pretty much the most common building material in haciendas from that time.
>>
>>2617830
He was joking.
>>
>>2617622
brickinfo (((at)) bia (((dot))) .org

Trade association for brick industry -- maybe drop them a line?
>>
>>2618258 Wow. Thanks anon. All the onformation is awesome. Have any link about that?
>>
>>2618279
Fuck troll, now i get it. Thank you
>>
>>2618289
Check in right now
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.