[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Multiculturalism in the Early Soviet Union

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1386202034535.gif (1MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1386202034535.gif
1MB, 300x169px
I'm interested if there was a strong multicultural element in the early (i.e. 20s and 30s) soviet union.

Did they portray themselves as being strong due to the heterogeneity?
>>
>>2616538
Yeah they portrayed themselves as multicultural. I suggest you see the Soviet film Circus (1936). It depicts Americans as racist and lynchers and the Soviets as multicultural and just.
>>
>>2616543
Thanks, that's a really cool example.
>>
>>2616552
You're welcome. There's literally a scene where the different cultures sing a lullaby in their traditional languages and empashize their cooperation.
>>
>>2616543
JUST
>>
It was:"Blah-blah-blah, fucking russian chauvinism. Lets take all russian money and send them to minorities" Russian people gave most of taxes, lived in poorest shitholes for "multiculturalism". I hope some day we will come alltogether to the Red Square, take mummy of fucking bald faggot and feed it to pigs.
>>
It was mostly done for propaganda purposes, just like everbody else does it all the time.

Soviet Unions was just a enormous Russian empire based on leftist ideology. To be honest, even if I am not a leftist, I admit Soviet Union had some amazing aesthethics.
>>
>>2616538
Yes. A concentrated effort was made to lessen Russian influence, promote natives in places of power, introduce modern writing systems to cultures that lacked them, study ethnology in detail and preserve it, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korenizatsiya

OTOH Russian colonialism in Siberia and Central Asia was never as cruel or racist as Western colonialism. Even though some minorities were persecuted, most contributed to the state, and the elites were rather well integrated. By 1900s, one of the most powerful princely houses were Yusupovs, descended directly from the Muslim Tatar Khans of the Nogai Horde - prince Felix Yusupov, who killed Rasputin was one of them.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.