[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adorno

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 53313206.jpg (212KB, 635x686px) Image search: [Google]
53313206.jpg
212KB, 635x686px
Let's have a chat about this Adorno chap. Admittedly, I am not a man of the left but nonetheless I'm always willing to entertain theory, even if I don't necessarily buy into it. Has anyone read much of his work and has anything to say about it?

What are some his key ideas and where should one start with his work?
>>
You should start with his "Dialektik der Aufklärung" (Dialectic of Enlightment) his Main Opus, which he has written togehter with Max Horkheimer.
One of his main thesis was that the enlightment is developing in a dialectical process between reason/freedom and superstition/tyranny. In his time the superstition was the believe in capitalism, modern technique and science. Adorno combined the theories of Karl Marx and Sigmund Freud to the doctrine so called 'Frankfurter Schule'. With this methodological tool the academic youth should be taught to detect the origins of unfreedom, fascism and capitalism.
>>
File: 12412512356.jpg (3MB, 3320x2547px) Image search: [Google]
12412512356.jpg
3MB, 3320x2547px
Literally the face behind the collapse of the west

>&humanities
>>
>>2616149
>science is superstition
wut
>>
>>2616168
Read the intro to birth of tradegy
>>
>>2616123
Negative Dialectics/Dialectic of the Enlightenment is probably his best idea. You need a solid understanding of Hegel first.

Basically, history is dialectical but the movement towards more progress can hide within it more irrationality and destruction. Things aren't necessarily getting better.

Then he has a whole critique of culture as 'logic of the same', when styles want to repeat themselves, he thinks this tends towards fascism. He wants some kind of high modernist style which puts implicitly puts difference and destruction in its structure.

It's been a while since I've read him. I'm not convinced the cultural Marxist arguments are that accurate but he definitely did hate mass culture and perceived it all as fascist. But I think this has a lot of problems for Marxists/proletariat. Basically, he hates capitalism and proles equally. A lot of his cultural critiques fall flat as well. He hated jazz and thought it was latently fascist, yet most people who fought the fascists were listening to shitty jazz standards and swing dancing.
>>
Puto calvo.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.