[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These are KGB rank insignia of some sort. Can you help figure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

These are KGB rank insignia of some sort. Can you help figure out the time and rank itself?
>>
It is KGB, rank of Major.

However the blue with yellow edging is hard to place
>>
I think this is the rank of Major since it has golden stripes indicating a senior officer and one star.
>the time
Cold War period? I don't know
>>
OP here, seems they are post-1973

This website says the letter codes came into use "Since January 1973"
http://army.armor.kiev.ua/forma/rkka_55-94.shtml
>>
OP again, the closest one here is the senior sgt. The star and button match, but the blue back and gold stripes on the side are confusing.

http://www.uniforminsignia.org/?option=com_insigniasearch&Itemid=53&result=1921
>>
Bump, anyone else?
>>
>>2615989

Those look like the shoulder boards of a warrant officer/praporshik (пpaпopщик), except that these have gold lining on the sides.

The shoulder boards of an officer would have either one or two lengthwise strips of the military branch color. The shoulder boards of a staff officer (generals and shit) feature full

The Cyrillic says "G B"
>>
File: insigniashapes.png (2KB, 402x299px) Image search: [Google]
insigniashapes.png
2KB, 402x299px
>>2617372
The thing is, the warrant officer stars don't seem to feature the leaves around them as on these. Another confusing thing is why the letters and stripes are of different colours. And I can read cyrillic, but thanks.

Does anyone happen to know if there's a difference between the straight cut and cut corners insignia? Pic related.
>>
>>2618383

The wreathed star that you are talking about is not a rank indicator, but rather the branch of military or type of regiment which the person belongs to.

The straight cut shoulder board is a flexible fabric sewn entirely into the shoulder of the uniform whereas the cut corners shoulder board is a stiff fabric which is held by a loop attachment method (in order to emphasize the sharp shoulder aesthetic, probably to add ease of removal too).

see pics related
>>
>>2618672
flexible
>>
File: 44.png (3MB, 2560x1440px)
44.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
>>2618672
stiff
>>
File: 414.jpg (270KB, 1104x1592px)
414.jpg
270KB, 1104x1592px
>>2618672
>>2618383
I forgot to add that the stiff type is mounted on this type of strap on the shoulder of a garrison dress shirt. (pic related)

Also, that star in wreath emblem is representative of a non-specific army unit (general infantry, not specifically motorized, etc.)
>>
>>2618781
So it's KGB under the infantry branch? Might the golden stripes be there for a parade uniform or something?

And the blue fabric indeed resembles the one seen on warrant officer insignia, but no actual rank markings (stars) would suggest a simple private?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.