[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0559.jpg (193KB, 900x489px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0559.jpg
193KB, 900x489px
Black Roman emperors and Carthaginian generals. They were real. The proof?

>http://atlantablackstar.com/2013/12/07/10-african-kings-and-queens-whose-stories-must-be-told-on-film/2/

Thoughts /his/? Is (((history rewritten))) really happening?
>>
is 'atlanta black star' a reputable and influential publication?
>>
File: 1463806859184.jpg (33KB, 337x275px) Image search: [Google]
1463806859184.jpg
33KB, 337x275px
>>2614965

>atlantablackstar
>>
>>2614965
Atlanta was objectively a more successful civilization when it was white majority and operating under a white supremacist government.
>>
File: IMG_1074.jpg (25KB, 220x364px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1074.jpg
25KB, 220x364px
>>2614965
What the ever loving fuck am I reading?
>>
>>2614975
Doesn't have to be. The snowball effect. Look at the hundreds of comments written by the WeWuzzers. They sincerely believe Hannibal, Caracalla, etc. were black.

Their simple... *ahem* African American brains can't differentiate between African and black. It's too unreasonable to them that Whites/ Meds/ MENAs could've migrated to that area of the world from across or around the Mediterranean.
>>
>>2614975
Of course not
>>2614965
Tbh Garamantia existed, Melano-Gautians and the oldest existing haplogroup in all of Tunisia is from East Africa some 20+kya

Still atlantablackstar does anything for click bait and is anti-intellectual to the core.
>>
>>2615020
There seems to be a proverbial 'statute of limitations' on the authenticity of historical facts. In layman's terms, if it "happened too long ago to prove they were pasty white, they were definitely black." By that logic, if humans survive a few more thousand years, at the rate we're going they'll be teaching their offspring that Mozart, Newton, and Benjamin Franklin were black Muslims. Cause who can prove otherwise?
>>
>>2615070
>implying Benjamin Franklin will be remembered in thousands of years
You americans are fucking gross
>>
File: monk-747903.jpg (54KB, 625x417px) Image search: [Google]
monk-747903.jpg
54KB, 625x417px
>>2614965
The Punics were of Phoenician origin. Modern genetics tests show that the Phoenicians are most closely related to the modern Lebanese people. So, not black. The interesting thing though is that Lebanese people don't look too different from some Italians, which is why they often play each other on TV (pic related).

On the matter of skin tone specifically, Carthage itself was actually further north than parts of Sicily and Greece, and also just a stone's throw away from Italy in general. Heck, Carthage owned parts of Sicily for a while, and had continous contact with the Italian states. When people talk about Septimius Severus or his sons as "colored" Roman Emperors, they're not really viewing the situation the same way the Romans themselves did. Northwest Africans and Levantines were fellow Meds, like the Greeks; the Egyptians were recognized as distinct from any of the above (darker skinned, less contact with the others in general, etc.), which is why there was never an Egyptian Roman Emperor, but still a civilized people (Ancient Egyptians were to Ancient Greeks and Romans what Ancient Romans are to us now). The real "colored folk" of the time were the northern Germanic tribes, with multiple accounts of the time noting them to be savages with an abnormal appearance. There was a lot of discrimination against them in the empire as a result.
>>
File: 1477605767475.jpg (234KB, 650x888px) Image search: [Google]
1477605767475.jpg
234KB, 650x888px
>>2615091

I mean you're gross for implying humans will be around in thousands of years
>>
>After killing thousands of Roman soilders in lengthy battle, Hannibal took his own life rather than surrender when he was overwhelmed by the larger Roman army.

This pisses me off far more than any supposed we wuzism. Hannibal had more men. He lost the battle fair and square.
>>
>>2614965
I want to take a glimpse at the article but I'm afraid of it being too cancerous and burning my retinas. Can someone give a tl:dr
>>
File: IMG_2094.jpg (32KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2094.jpg
32KB, 366x380px
>Hannibal had 80,000 infantry, 12,000 cavalry, and 40 African war elephants. He conquered major portions of Spain and France, and all of Italy, except for Rome.

>Hannibal marched his army and war elephants through the Alps to surprise and conquer his enemies. In one battle, the Romans put 80,000 men on the field led by Scipio to defeat Hannibal. When Scipio attacked with his entire army, Hannibal had so studied the grounds that he arranged his African swordsmen and elephants to trampled and slaughter them.

>After killing thousands of Roman soilders in lengthy battle, Hannibal took his own life rather than surrender when he was overwhelmed by the larger Roman army.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Pls tell me this is satire
>>
File: IMG_0561.jpg (36KB, 250x331px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0561.jpg
36KB, 250x331px
>>2615139

OP here.
>tldr; WEWUZKANGS

All memes aside, the author of the article is suggesting to his darker-skinned contemporaries that the film industry ought to make more movies about "black" rulers of the past. Hannibal, he claims, is a black African. This is pure guesswork on his part, portrayed as fact, and his ignorant audience gladly gobbles it up. It was the comment section that triggered me, in addition to finding out there have been many portrayals of Hannibal as black in the media. Then I found one WeWuzzer in the comments stating "there were five black Roman Emperors," including Septimus Severus... and I lost it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.