[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How advanced was ancient India?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: future_India.jpg (252KB, 856x964px) Image search: [Google]
future_India.jpg
252KB, 856x964px
How advanced was ancient India?
>>
It had a pretty violent collapse at the end of the Indus Valley culture, that set it back a lot

But yeah, it's typically been in the top three or so civilizations in terms of technological and artistic development.
>>
>>2614654
Similar to the Aztecs.

Brilliant maths and astronomy, for more or less religious purposes. Fantastic architecture and a storied history/culture.

They lacked a lot by way of material sciences and were pretty simplistic economically, at-least in comparison to Europe and the Middle East.
>>
>>2614654
Advanced enough to wage thermonuclear war against the anunnaki
>>
>>2614677
India had the world's largest economy in antiquity.
>>
>>2614677
>Brilliant maths and astronomy, for more or less religious purposes
B-but I thought religion be keeping us down. A Dawkins fan with a funny headdress and a passion for antique Japanese swords told me so,
>>
>>2614654

I read a theory recently that the garden of eden was in what is today Pakistan
>>
>>2614654
They were so advanced, they invented self-shitting toilets, thus allowing them to do their own shitting in the streets and fields.

Sadly, the Islamics declared them blasphemous constructs when they rolled in and destroyed them all.
>>
>>2614654
This book argues that Vedic philosophy influenced pre-Socratic philosophers, with Greek skepticism and dialectic later reaching India in the Hellenistic period.
>>
>>2614724

Kek

I get the joke but the muslims wrote about how they shit on statues of hindu gods and buddhas
>>
>>2614693
How would you even calculate this?
>>
So advanced that they were thinking and philosophizing all the time and so shit in the streets instead of wasting time in the loo
>>
Memes aside, why does India have such a defecation problem? Is it overpopulation, or did they always have this issue since ancient times?
>>
>>2614739
see
>>2614729

I believe that the muslims trained them to do it. If you look it up the areas with the most street pooping are in the areas with the most islamic influence and muslim population
>>
>>2614728
>>2614732
You can see they influenced Diogenes (he shit in the theater).
>>
>>2614739
The whole world had a defecation problem, and only a select few city dwellers.
See the reason for the development of underground sewers in London. The people literally threw their shit on the streets.
Its just that India never induatrialised.
>>
>>2614739
Ancient India was the first to create an efficient plumbing system.

Street shitting is a result of poverty.
>>
>>2614724
fact. we brought hindus hygeine
>>
>>2614693
>Western Europe at 0% in 1AD
This chart is fucking bullshit desu
>>
>>2614792

No that's the USA, Europe is sitting at little over 10% at 1 ad
>>
>>2614739

It is literally hinduism.

http://ftp.iza.org/dp4009.pdf

>A large number of recent studies document socioeconomic status (SES) gradients in health and survival, across countries, across SES groups within country and within groups over time; for a survey see Cutler et al. (2006). Previous analyses of health inequalities along ethnic or religious lines tend to start out with a differential consistent with SES differences, as is the case, for example, with black-white differences in health in the United States. While it has been recognised that unhealthy behaviours like smoking or drinking may vary positively with SES (e.g. Rogers et al., 2000, p.245), these are seldom large enough to alter the raw differential in favor of the lower-SES group. The case of Muslims in India, is, in this respect, most unusual.
>By age five, the Muslim survival advantage over Hindus is as high as 2.31%- points, which is about 17% of baseline mortality risk among Hindus. Restricting the comparison to upper-caste Hindus, who enjoy unambiguously higher social status than Muslims, the differential is 1.30%-points, or about 10% of baseline mortality risk.
>>
>>2614693
>china and india had better economies than western europe during renaissance and enlightenment
>chinese economy isn't bigger than western europe current day

this is really autistic
>>
>>2614849
>>china and india had better economies than western europe during renaissance and enlightenment

China had the world's largest economy under the Ming. Around a third of the silver mined in the New World ended up circulating as Chinese currency. Even in 1800 China was responsible for 33% of world manufacturing output.
>>
>>2614701
Hurr de hurr fuckin fedoras amirite
>>
>>2614849
And it's decline coincides with the rise of you know what in the West.
>>
File: gdp.png (23KB, 615x406px) Image search: [Google]
gdp.png
23KB, 615x406px
>>2614893
China was already falling behind
>>
>>2614654
about 7
>>
>>2615063
That's a table of per capita GDP. China's was larger in absolute terms.
>>
>>2614792

t. cant read
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.