[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You guys seem to know a thing or two about genetic ancestry.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

You guys seem to know a thing or two about genetic ancestry. What proportion of the contemporary non-native american U.S. population has at least some Native American ancestry? How does this vary from state to state?
>>
>>2612897
>You guys seem to know a thing or two about genetic ancestry
haha good one
>>
>>2612915
Well I assume that /his/s obsession with gene ancestry in east Africa combined with cross posters from /int/ and their obsession with who is "white" might produce enough people who know about this topic, however armchair level.

>>2612897
Actually I almost forgot. I would also like to know about whatever happened to the natives inducted as neophytes in the California Missions. Do they trace down to the people in the modern reservations? Did they acculturate to Spain and essentially become part of the areas general Hispanic population? Did they just all end up on the blunt end of the eternal Anglo's murder spree?
>>
>>2612897
Probably 10% or so. This tends to be a little higher in more rural states or in states where natives were forced onto reservations. The relationships between white settlers and the native populace was also much much different farther east than west. Don't get me wrong they still got their asses blasted in Michigan but it was a long term multi generational butt fucking with better relations than the savage and forceful rectal prolapse that natives in south Dakota faced.
Interestingly enough there is plenty of people with a rather substantial native extraction who display pretty much no native features, I have a friend that looks like a stereotypical redheaded mick but his 23&me shows that he is slightly more than half native.
>>
>>2612964
>Probably 10% or so.
Do you have any source on that? Not doubting the claim, I just want to be able to reference it in the future.
>>
>>2613019
No source sorry bruv.
>>
Oklahoma had most of the Reservations for a long time, that's where a shitload of them got sent on Trail of Tears. Highest native populations are probably there, New Mexico, and Arizona.
>>
File: 23nme.jpg (85KB, 888x738px) Image search: [Google]
23nme.jpg
85KB, 888x738px
From the dna testing company 23andme based on their customers, which might not represent the poorest people very well.
>>
>>2613273

Just fyi, those companies are all pretty much bullshit. I watched a local news episode where they had a bunch of different sets of identical twins send their samples in and get wildly different results back. Unless you are getting your shit done through a university program somewhere, take those tests with a grain of salt.
>>
>>2613320

No, it's legit. Just because there's scam companies who offer bad analysis doesn't mean all companies are selling bullshit. African and Native American DNA is divergent enough from European that it can be easily identified.
>>
>>2612897
New Mexican here, there are a lot of Hispanics with native ancestry, as well as a large number of surviving pueblo Indian cultures that exist in a more or less untouched form.

However, the plains Indians of west Texas and new Mexico (Comanche, apache, and to a lesser extent the navajo) fought brutal wars amongst themselves long before the Spaniards or Anglos showed up, and the Comanche in particular were known for their extreme brutality and warrior culture as they battled settlers moving into the southwest. The governor of the Mexican state of Chihuahua would pay large sums of money to groups of men contracted out to fight the Comanche, depending on how many Indian warrior's scalps or ears the men could bring back.

Unfortunately, greed got the better of these mercenaries and they just started the whole sale slaughtering various friendly indian villages for their scalps and ears, including women and children, so they could turn them in for the hefty bounty the governor would pay. This obviously caused a severe downturn in mexican/Anglo settlers vs plains Indians relations that lasted until the last of the plains Indian wars in the latter part of the nineteenth century.

"Circle the wagons! Those rednigger Comanche are riding down on us!"

Ten minutes later there would be a lot of dead settlers and injuns.

The Comanche were as brutal as the Aztecs if they captured you. The apache (though there are several subtypes) in general were fierce warriors, but were not known to do Comanche type stuff like the nailing of infants to trees, making men suffocate on their own mutilated genitals, skinning alive and forcing the skinned person to walk out in the heat of the desert until death. If you were slightly luckier they might just cut the skin off the bottom of your feet and force you to walk naked ib the desert until death.
>>
>>2613465
>"Circle the wagons! Those rednigger Comanche are riding down on us!"

I feel like that's a quote from something but I cant quite pin it.
>>
>>2613465
That's more brutal than the aztecs. The aztecs never skinned you alive, you were dead before that happened.
>>
>>2613376
That wasn't through 23andme that was through ancestry and actually most of those "identical" sets weren't identical they only looked similar or two were twins and the others were another egg that got fertilized except the black women who were identical triplets who all scored the same.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.