[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will true Christianity ever be restored in our lifetime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: whichjesus.jpg (148KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
whichjesus.jpg
148KB, 960x960px
Will true Christianity ever be restored in our lifetime?
>>
>>2612649
Lets hope not. True Christianity is about as compatible with liberal society as true Islam
>>
Sounds a lot like no true scotsman phallusy
>>
>>2612660
Christ's basic message in terms of social behavior is be excellent to one another. Turn the other cheek etc. If anything modern liberalism would love this stuff.
>>
File: Progress.jpg (2MB, 2171x2105px)
Progress.jpg
2MB, 2171x2105px
>>2612660

Why's that a bad thing?
>>
>>2612702
We're talking about classical liberal society, not progressive society. Not that your cherry-picked images are somehow indicative of how things really are or were

>>2612694
Christ's basic message comes packed with several thousand years of theology which is considered cannon. If you think you can shed that and just embrace that parts that agree with modern society your that type of Christian we need but not a Christian as the term was understood for thousands of years
>>
>>2613128

liberal = allowing people to express themselves however they want

So yes the right side is pic related.
>>
>>2612649
Who exactly follows "modern Jesus". Because my experience with catholic church makes me feel, like they're still following the biblical Jesus.
If anything the modern Jesus feels like that shit that tele-evangelists and other protestants spew.
>>
>>2612702
What's wrong with Femen?
>>
True Christianity is being a hobo and proclaiming repent, for the end is near
>>
King James Bible

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
>>
>>2613128
>cannon
that doesn't mean what you think it means
>>
File: 1462205580349.jpg (673KB, 1252x1897px)
1462205580349.jpg
673KB, 1252x1897px
The church is not preaching the gospels in 3 key areas
-usury
-separations of church and state
-the jews

when they start focusing on these items we'll see a christian renaissance. unfortunately I think it would require some sort of societal collapse for that to ever happen.
>>
>>2613516
Omnissiah willing I'll see the death of organized religion in my life time. Of course, nothing short of a full blown worldwide race war would make it happen so fast but a man can dream
>>
>>2613872
> Of course, nothing short of a full blown worldwide race war would make it happen so fast
You've reached the point were you conflate your autistic political principals (atheism, White nationalist, anti-organized religion) when they have nothing to do with one another. A full blown race war would not eliminate organized religion in the slightest. If anything it'd make it stronger.
>>
>>2613924
what eliminates religion is more religious strife with a dose of communism, see Czechia.
That or it completely becoming irrelevant in life due to different lifestyle, see the Netherlands and more and more all of Western-Europe.
Soon only third world countries, Ireland, the Gulf States and America will be left
>>
>>2612702
Downvoted
>>
>>2613940
So most of the world will be left?
>>
>>2613959
yes but third world is irrelevant, muslim or hindu
the soon largest economy(China) has always had a secular culture with some religious minorities.
And the US is secularizing too.
F<rankly I don't care if religion dies or not, all I want is secularization.
>>
>>2613924
You're right, I misspoke. By race war I didn't mean blacks v whites v nips etc. I meant an increasingly radically minority creating enough of a problem that it turns the ready of the world off to whatever they're preaching, similar to what we are seeing happening with Islam.

In reality, god lost its usefulness when mass communication connected the world, and Christianity will continue it's slow death and fade into oblivion over time
>>
>>2612649
Gee it's almost like Jesus told you not to believe in man and follow God instead. Different kinds of Christianity is a meme.
>>
>>2612694
Yeah, mixed in with a bunch of nonsense that only made sense 2000 years ago.
>>
>>2612660
If we have to choose between the two, we must choose Christianity. Liberal society will have to go.
>>
>>2613970
You realize Christianity is growing everywhere but the West, right?
>>
>>2613949
t. Reddit
>>
>>2613302
>liberals
>allowing others to express themselves
The bait is strong in this one.
>>
>>2612702
>norman rockwell drawings, propaganda, and stock photos are a perfect replication of what America was like
really makes you think
>>
>>2614977
The United States is actually pretty gross if you really dive into its core.
>>
>>2614995
Still the greatest nation to ever exist.
>>
>>2615026
By what definition of greatness?
>>
We need a liturgical encyclopedia or reference guide to set standards for practices across the spectrum.
>>
>>2615061
Or just, you know, a universal Church.
>>
>>2615075
That's not gonna happen. Let's be reasonable.
>>
>>2615057
By any that matters.
>>
>>2612702
Plastic might have something to do with it.
>>
>>2615080
All that matters is uniting the apostolic Churches. We need to get the Catholics, Orthodox, and Copts back together. The Protestant Churches are a lost cause and shouldn't be bothered with, possibly excepting the Anglicans.
>>
>>2613128
>Not that your cherry-picked images are somehow indicative of how things really are
Mate, have you talked to anyone outside your family in the last week? The people who don't act like the people on the right actively encourage their behavior.
>>
>>2615097
It will only be looked at with mistrust in this day and age especially if the papacy tries to be head of the whole thing. Through autocephaly you might have something.
>>
>>2613962
>the soon largest economy(China) has always had a secular culture with some religious minorities.
sorry, but isnt a country with highest grow of Christians? Despite persecution from government
>>
>>2612702
it's called neo-liberalism for a reason. it is the same as stating ''only a nazi can go from this... to this...'' and then showing neo-nazism on the right side.
>>
>>2612649
Not in the west.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.