[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How different were the angles and saxons from the danes that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Saxons.jpg (63KB, 770x437px) Image search: [Google]
Saxons.jpg
63KB, 770x437px
How different were the angles and saxons from the danes that invaded britain?
With different I mean regarding state structure,language and general culture aside from religion .
>>
>>2609217
That filename says Saxons but that is clearly a Norman on the right.
>>
>>2609231
I just took the first pic which looked like saxons.
>>
>>2609217
Their languages at least were very similar with Old English for example sounding more like Icelandic then modern day English. As to state structure I'm not sure but they probably both had similar feudal systems.
>>
>>2609254
I thought the same especially without norman influences. I mean they are both germanic languages after all and saxony isn't very far from denmark.
>>
Nothing but religion and linguistic drift

If you were plopped into an English village you wouldn't be able to distinguish it from a Norse village
>>
>>2609217
They were pretty much the same people, since the were all in the same small area with the Angles in the middle. Saxons who migrated were likely only the coastal people, Angeln was/is a small peninsula, and the "Danes" you're talking about were likely only the people just north of Angeln, not the entire area of modern Denmark.
>>
>>2609428
Were they really though?

I mean, an alien observing humans from afar in, say, 1840 might assume that southern whites in the US were the same as northern whites, but in reality there were stark differences in culture despite them sharing a language.

I wonder if the Angles, Saxons and Jutes were similar.
>>
>>2609217
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb6r5lUj98E
>>
They were very similar, you know. Some Danes even migrated ot England before the Viking Era. They were called Jutes. The Anglo Saxons should be called Anglo-Saxon-Jutes because they were very important in the creation of England too.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.