[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can one man be so right about everything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: freud.jpg (5KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
freud.jpg
5KB, 238x212px
How can one man be so right about everything?
>>
op why did you post an image of a cock and type penis nine times
>>
>>2609210
1/10
>>
File: Lacan2.jpg (19KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
Lacan2.jpg
19KB, 500x365px
Just because I don't think psychoanalysts deserve more than 1 thread at a time...has anyone read Lacan and gotten anything of worth from him?

I picked up Ecrits from the library. Thumbed through and the guy is hard to understand and seems to be somewhat disappointing when any idea is unearthed. I figure I'm either looking at his stuff the wrong way or hes just negligible.

What should I read to in2 Lacan? Is he worth the time?
>>
>>2609210
>sexualize my mother
>in a dream

oh man Freud you genius how did you know?
>>
>>2609273
Is it the same Lacan that was so influential in epistemology?
>>
There is actually a clinical guide someone wrote up based on Lacan that I have read a little, and lays out some of his thought in plain language.

He honestly has some interesting thoughts about psychoses from what I have read, in that,
when we are seeking to help ourselves through psychotherapy, we do not actually want to change despite the fact we go to seek help.
The idea that we invest energy in keeping up our psychoses, and do not want to change this homeostasis is a pretty interesting idea and helped me take a better look at myself.

Here is a copy if you are interested,

https://mega.nz/#!x8gFjRjA!xq3yho7pJqNybK1-jpdIkhDWzgv9mOxDCurI7lDoQFw
>>
>>2609301
Thanks man, I'll get to reading! I figured he couldn't just be good-for-nothing - I usually try to not throw any popular thinkers away so readily given that they must be acclaimed for at least one good reason. Maybe its because of the translation between French and English that makes it so hard....French seems to be the hardest to turn into attractive English.

>>2609284
Idk, I don't think he did pure epistemic work. Any epistemology he influenced would've been through his psychiatric practice.
>>
"Dude, penis, lmao!" - Sigmund Freud
>>
>>2609953
"I want to fuck your mom lol." - Sigmund Freud
>>
>>2609273
Point with him is this.

He didn't believed in knowledge.

Understanding as a principle was flawded from conception, because turth wasn't a monolitch estructure that you could bound and meassure, but a by product of your enviromental circumstances.

Under the lens of psychoanalysis, the people showed themselves as small and petty, but the things they believed in, instead of reflecting this acted as the opposite.

People made ideologies to reflect their inner weakness reversed.

So, if you lack self control and are violent you want an authoritarian goverment to impose you the opposite.

The big other then, acts as your polar opposite making it intellectually dishonest, people hide from themselves and from their subconscious becuase they are ultimately afraid, and they turn this fear unto others to reflect what they will really do.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.