[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bulgarian Empire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: Bulgaria-Ivan_Asen_2.png (1MB, 1982x2113px) Image search: [Google]
Bulgaria-Ivan_Asen_2.png
1MB, 1982x2113px
Why does everyone meme and talk about the HRE and other meme entities, but nobody talks about the Bulgarian Empire, the Bulgarians were the only ones who could use the title Caesar, given to them by the Byzantines. They had a large and powerful Empire and defeated the Byzantines on several occasions. They were the first who got a "national" church, ruled by themselves, neither by Rome nor Constatinopole. They would be a constant thorn in the Byzantines side. Can we discuss this underrated Empire?
>>
>>2608925
Because while cool it was terribly inconsistent in its conquests. And while apparently they had advanced culture, they left very little behind. So yeah until solid evidence to the contrary is found, the Bulgarian empires were cool but ultimately inconsequential to European history unlike HRE
>>
>>2608954
>So yeah until solid evidence to the contrary is found, the Bulgarian empires were cool but ultimately inconsequential to European history unlike HRE

You mean Western European? The Bulgarians were very influential in the Balkans tho, they created the first Slavic alphabet, and united and consolidated the Slavs. But i see what you mean, but, on the other hand what have the HRE ever done for us?
>>
>>2608998
Really? Because as far as I know they had absolutely nothing to do with the first Slavic alphabet if you are referring to the Glagolitic, it was made by a couple of Byzantines and intended for the Slavs in Moravia. Which even in the map you posted is not in the borders of the empire. They did however create the Cyrillic later.
>>
>>2608925
Do people here ever discuss Great Moravia?
>>
File: VM-mapa.jpg (89KB, 596x609px) Image search: [Google]
VM-mapa.jpg
89KB, 596x609px
>>
>>2609416
>>2609411
Nope. The thing is Bulgarians really do get butthurt because they did have an alright empire that got in its "separate into different bulgarian kingdoms" phase at the worst possible time and got swept under the rug when the ottomans came and completely vanished for rest of Europe
>>
>>2609457
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.