[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Southeast Asia History

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Suvarna Bhumi.png (206KB, 1076x1184px) Image search: [Google]
Suvarna Bhumi.png
206KB, 1076x1184px
Ask I Southeast Asian anything.

I love our history.

Just visited Angkor recently.
>>
What's there to love?
>>
>>2605924

Great ancient cities and architecture

Ayuttaya was once the largest city on Earth and European vistors called it "The Venice of the East"

Many of our ruins used to be huge building with gold coating on top

Thats why southeast asia is called "suvarna bhumi" or the "land of gold"/"the golden land"
>>
>>2605918
What are the normal man on the street's thoughts about dindus?
>>
>>2605918
How have you managed to go from Venice of the East to a shithole in a few hundred years?
>>
>>2605918
Is polygamy a thing in SEA? I seem to remember hearing somewhere that it was, but I don't remember where.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 188x188px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 188x188px
>>2605983

We dont think much about africans but they are sometimes punchine to jokes

Infact, mainland se folklore has stories of black skinned, curly haired people with big lips that live in the forest. Pic related
>>
>>2605918

op what can you tell me about the Kratom herb and its effect on society - if any? is it commonly used?
>>
>>2605918
I also visited years ago, 3-day motorbike to temple hop Siem Reap. Same same but different as they say. Banteay Srei's intricate patterns are a beauty.
>>
>>2605918
Why didn't the Philippines built any grand cities like the rest of it's neighbors?
>>
>>2605918
Have you ever been to Borneo or Sumatra? Is it true that they used wood for construction for lack of stone, so they didn't leave behind great edifices like Angkor Wat? It's fascinating to think that actual complex civilizations existed there without any permanent buildings.
>>
>>2606015
Maybe because they really existed you retarded fuck... ever ehard of Melanesians?

They were wher eyou live too before you exterminated them
>>
>>2607301
Because it's more of a shitty outpost clay than a land worthy of conquering.
>>
>>2605994
Indians then Islam
Poo in the loos ruined it for everyone
>>
>>2607346

There is no Islam here you retard

Maybe only 5% Islam

95% Thais are Bhuddhist (With traditional folk religion and Hinduism syncretism)
>>
>>2607301

Keep in mind that Phillipines wasn't a concept back then

Just a backwater of the Malay archipelago

They did have a couple Hindu-Buddhist kingdoms though.

The were just starting out. Who knows, if the spics never came they might have become great kingdoms
>>
>>2605918
Are you less evolved than East, Centrak and North Asians? Lots of you look abo tier.
>>
>>2606015
That's because they lived there before you folks and the non-Han Chinese got to SEA. Y'all have bigger blood.
>>
>>2606015
That's because they lived there before you folks and the non-Han Chinese got to SEA. Y'all have nigger blood. Mon look like niggers.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.