[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything more cringeworthy than this bullshit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: gg.jpg (45KB, 320x499px) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
45KB, 320x499px
I can't believe it has caught on. No serious historian thinks in terms of generations or thinks there was something special about that one.
>>
>>2605394
"Wow they were special because they lived through some hardship that was only rough by American standards, then got conscripted by their government to go overseas and fight Nazis."
>>
>>2605394
>>2605407
Nah, theyre probz the worst generation, cause they paved the way for little shits like you and blue haired faggots to live.
>>
>>2605444
I'm not saying that they were bad. I'm saying that sucking their cocks and calling them "the greatest generation" is ludicrous. They did nothing special other than survive some poverty that, outside of the US, has been more or less the norm for all of human history... and they got drafted by the government, when they were teenagers, to go fight in a war that 90% of them did not understand. Was the war righteous? Yes, if any war other than pure national self-defense is righteous. Did they sign up voluntarily to go fight because having carefully reviewed the global political situation, they decided that it would be best to exterminate Nazis? No, they were drafted as kids to go kill people based on propaganda. Same as most soldiers in most wars.
>>
>>2605460
Some of them did volunteer doe. And when people go through hardship, and extreme hardship and come out on top, they inherently become stronger and better people. And desu anon, you just sound really salty. I come from a military family, and i found that the extreme patrotism was pretty autistic, but i also found the people who view soldiers as sheeple who have fallen for the propaganda machine to be equally autistic.
>>
>>2605483
Those are good points. It's just that, from what I've seen, most people who use the "greatest generation" concept haven't given it any serious thought, they just use it as a patriotic meme.
>>
>>2605394
I don't think they ever called themselves that, so it's not a self congratulatory or prideful thing. Most of the people that would call them that are likely baby boomers who think their grandparent was pretty great. I think you're reading into it too much.

Plus Brokaw is a Normandy-boo and thinks all of human history revolves around Omaha beach so take it with a grain of salt
>>
File: Murphy.jpg (10KB, 186x270px) Image search: [Google]
Murphy.jpg
10KB, 186x270px
>>2605394
Sorry bitchboy it's called that for a reason.
>>
>>2605460
Mcfucking kill yourself, my dude

Then return to Reditto
>>
>>2605503

>Plus Brokaw is a Normandy-boo and thinks all of human history revolves around Omaha beach so take it with a grain of salt

Precisely! It's not serious history.
>>
>>2605528
what a dumb underage response
>>
>>2605545
dumb response for a dumb person who think that nobody like>>2605509 volunteered.
>>
>>2605546
I know that many people volunteered. But I don't think this makes their generation "the greatest".
>>
>>2605582
It's just a name my man.

The Lost Generation didn't disappear one day.
The Silent Generation wasn't mute and wrapped in bubble wrap their whole lives.

Start a "Holy" "Roman" "Empire" thread or something
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.