[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I start with to understand his philosophy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: nietzsche.jpg (165KB, 773x1024px) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche.jpg
165KB, 773x1024px
What do I start with to understand his philosophy?
>>
>>2604299

Just read the Wikipedia page about him and then declare yourself an expert on the Internet.
>>
>>2604299
>understand his philosophy
you've already failed
>>
>>2604394

See, the Wikipedia page will do fine, then read something else.
>>
>>2604299
He didn't have a cohesive philosophical system, indeed he questioned the value of such systems. I would start with the works that are mostly collections of aphorisms -

Human, All too Human
The Dawn
The Gay Science
>>
This world now, what we are now & see & have now -- this is what we HAVE. There's nothing else. That's Nietzsche.
>>
Start with the demon not the superman.
>>
>>2604299
Read the preface of each of this books in order, then read the edgelord trilogy, then read Zarathustra.
>>
>>2604551
>the edgelord trilogy
What's this?
>>
Twilight of the Idols is an easy one to read, would probably be a decent starter for you.
>>
>>2604299
1. Iliad
2. Odyssey
3. Plato, complete works
4. Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
5. Hegel, complete works
6. Schopenhauer, complete works
7. Kierkegaard, Fear and Trembling
8. Thus Spoke Zarathustra
9. Birth of Tragedy
10. Will to Power
11. Daybreak (Dawn)
12. Human, All too Human
13. The Gay Science
14. Beyond Good and Evil
15. Twilight of the Idols
16. The Antichrist
17. The Genealogy of All Morals

That should give you the gist of what his writing's about. Then it's on to secondary literature.
>>
>>2604299
Beyond Good and Evil -> Genealogy of Morals -> Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Additionally:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrrU3q7UWHs
>>
>>2605550
>read everything, that should give you a first impression about Nietzsche
i love this meme
>>
It really depends on what you want to understand him as. If you're trying to understand his PROCESS it is a much different task than understanding his world/art.

To understand his process:
Beyond Good & Evil -> Twilight of the Idols -> Will to Power -> anything you like, with special attention to Antichrist probably

To understand style/art:
Beyond Good&Evil -> Zarathustra/Ecco Homo -> Zara/Ecco (whichever one not previously read) -> anything else that interests you

BG&E is necessary groundwork for anything else you read imo, he even said its basically a prerequisite for any of his texts. Its basically a birds-eye view of Nietzche by Nietzche, also just damn good.

Hes the only philosopher who's histories Ive enjoyed reading (Deleuze, Heidegger, some others wrote really good stuff on him)

>>2605550
Also dont bother with this shit, especially that fucking sham Kierkegaard. Maybe some Schopen for reference but having google next to you can get you through most of Nietzches references.

Also make sure you pronounce his name like "Neet-chee" :^)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.