[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question about Persia/Afghanistan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: persian.jpg (100KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
persian.jpg
100KB, 900x900px
Are Afghans considered 'Persian?' I know very little about this, and being Afghan myself I would like to know more. My dad says we are not Persian and that any Afghan who identifies as Persian is ashamed an post-9/11 society (even though the hijackers were Saudis).Getting a bit off-topic, but anyways I question the validity of that statement just based on the few things I've seen on this board.

Was Afghanistan historically part of Persia? I know Afghans and Iranians are considered Aryan, but ignoring that are there any major ethnic/racial differences?

t. burger curious about his heritage

Tajik if anybody is wondering. Thanks.
>>
>>2604230
Afghans are of many ethnicities, most of them considered Iranian. Tajiks are considered an Iranian people. Persian refers to a specific ethnicity of Iranian people. The region that's currently Afghanistan was part of many states that were either directly Iranian or Persianate. Persianate refers to rulers of Turkic or Turco-Mongol origin that embraced Islamic Iranian culture.
>>
>>2604230
Afghanistan is a bowl of genetic fuckery.
>>
>>2604230
>>2604247
>>2604255
Reminder that Iranians do not descend from the Ancient Aryans like Tajiks and other Central Asians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjn-leEIT70
>>
>>2604274
"Aryan" and "Iranian" are literally same words. Iranian means Aryan.
>>
>>2604281
They're not genetically Aryan, though.
>>
>>2604291
There is no such thing as genetically Aryan. Nazi pseudo-science isn't factual. Aryan refers to Iranian and Northwest Indian peoples. Iran being invaded few times and being genetically influenced doesn't change that. Central Asia is a pool of invasion genetics itself. So is Afghanistan today.
>>
File: Greater Iran.gif (27KB, 619x429px) Image search: [Google]
Greater Iran.gif
27KB, 619x429px
>>2604230
>call someone from this region "Persian"
>"FUCK YOU KAFIR, WE'RE IRANIAN! PERSIAN IS A LANGUAGE! I'LL RAPE YOUR MOTHER!"

>call someone from this region "Iranian"
>"FUCK YOU KAFIR, WE'RE PERSIAN! IRANIAN IS A NATIONALITY! I'LL RAPE YOUR MOTHER!"

There's literally no reasoning with these people.
>>
>>2604291
When the majority of the native population has markers for aryan DNA then you're just wrong, sorry. Only argument you can make is "not enough!" but whatever who cares about your arbitrary lines.
>>
>>2604351
proof?
>>
>>2604297
>>2604351
Nobody is fully Aryan autosomally, of course. But Iranians do not carry Aryan paternal line R1a like Central Asians, and therefore they do not directly descend from Aryans.
>>
File: Haplogroup-R1a-Z93-Eurasia.png (107KB, 1488x1009px) Image search: [Google]
Haplogroup-R1a-Z93-Eurasia.png
107KB, 1488x1009px
>>2604297
But there is.
>>
>>2604395
Aryan was a mostly cultural thing. Persians are literally the only ethnic group that refer to themselves as Aryan since it was an identity thing.
>>
>>2604373
>>2604395
>>2604406
>>2604421

If well over 5% have simple Y lineage there is no reason not to believe that other less traceable DNA is in the population's genome as well. It's like saying people from Turkey aren't Turkish because they only have like 15% paternal DNA from the old Turks. The aryan invaders (like the Turks I just mentioned) were the ruling class, your culture is aryan if so many native people have these markers.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.