[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about Easter Island?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: chile-moai.jpg (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
chile-moai.jpg
1MB, 1600x900px
What do you think it was like on the Island in it's hey day?
What happened to make the islanders want to knock down many of the Moai?
>>
File: 1451322541196.png (38KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
1451322541196.png
38KB, 475x347px
bump out of shared interest
> TFW no one pays attention to Polynesia except when Disney makes a movie
>>
>>2603017
If we pitted an even amount of warriors of each of the Polynesian groups, who would be the most likely to achieve victory?
>>
>>2603092
Maori. No question.

Picture SWAT, but as cavemen.
>>
>>2602338
They were all probably very ugly due to high level incest. Their culture (and how we know nothing about it) interests me a lot though.
>>
>>2603676

>They were all probably very ugly due to high level incest.
No more than any other isolated Polynesian people (admittedly not the best looking people on average)

>Their culture (and how we know nothing about it) interests me a lot though.

We know a lot about Easter Island culture though? Easter Island has been studied intensely for decades. Polynesian cultures were/are remarkably similar even when the groups only relation is a common ancestor.
>>
>>2602338
Hey hey I can answer any questions you want about Rapa Nui :)
>>
>>2603846
Can you give us a quick rundown on the history of the Easter Islands? I've heard about the birdman cult and about all the trees being chopped.
>>
>>2602338
>What happened to make the islanders want to knock down many of the Moai?

One of the most devastating and sad societal collapses in human history. They went from a proud civilization into a horrific dark age after they were stupid enough to cut down all of their trees to make room for agricultural land due to overpopulation.

Its real name is Rapa Nui.
>>
>>2602338
They forgot how to fish in two generations, whilst agriculture didn't sustain them so they died out
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.