[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Austria-Hungary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: austria_hungary.png (24KB, 648x432px) Image search: [Google]
austria_hungary.png
24KB, 648x432px
>>
It existed
>>
Maybe they should have eaten Turkey instead of allying with them :^)
>>
>>2602018

It was destroyed by little Serbia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg79R5jopj8
>>
>>2602029
Can you stop with that meme. I saw you on /int/ as well, and i had a sneaking suspicion so i looked up Serbia on reddit and i saw you posted there as well.
Why are you doing this? You're american, and i don't know if you're some sort of MUH heritage larper or some retarded reddit """"""""memer"""""""".
>>
>>2602018
They got used to the taste of Muslim cum
>>
>>2602018
Deeply flawed but somehow lovable, like most things involving the Habsburgs. Produced some of the greatest cultural works of the time.
>>
>>2602018
the years 1866-1867 basically set a countdown to their demise.
>>
>>2602040
Did you watch the documentary?
>>
Austria takes over the crown of Hungary after its Polish king deds on battle

this is contested by Hungarian magnates

lol suddenly theres two Hungary

but Suleiman says i want sum of that too

lol now theres 3 Hungary

lot of sword rattling for 150 years, half of Hungary becomes a wasteland, some epic sieges

also Hungary becomes protestant but Austria recatholizes most of it eventually

finally Turds kicked out, Austrians settle down millions of non Hungarians to repopulate the lands

Hungary weakened, Austria wants to gradually incorporate it as a province because absolutism n shit

Hungarian noble say "no"

France at war with Austria so Hungarian nobles almost retake Hungary, but then France loses so they lose too

Still they manage to secure many old ass rights so Hungarian sovereignity is kind of maintaned, at least for internal affairs

btw its still basically feudalism and Austrian administration cant really do much because low to mid level is all but Hungarians and its common practice to just not go through with legislations at county level

Emperor Joseph now really want to get rid of Hungarians so they start Germanization and promoting German

Whole thing backfires as wave of Hungarian nobles, writers and scientists respond to it by reforming the language, founding the science academy and other insitutions

Everyones talking about need to modernize but it fails at both the Emperor in one way (who doesnt wants strong Hungarian insititions), and at wealthy magnates other way (who want their peasents tied to land)
>>
File: 12_pont.jpg (535KB, 1600x1970px) Image search: [Google]
12_pont.jpg
535KB, 1600x1970px
Hungarian nobles keep blocking the Emperor's acts

Diet is dissolved

stuff geating heated

suddenly 1848 and half of Europe explodes

news reach Hungary, bunch of students get drunk at a bar and start to recite banned poems in public

they demand a set of 12 points which is half acceptable half totally not for the Emperor, but its retard weak Francis I so lol

Austria accepts some of it, new governement forms, feudalism dissolved

But then Austris rats out and says this is not actually ok

Orders Croatian general Jelacic to make order in Hungary

Armed rebellion starts

Jelacic ass kicked, other Austrian dudes ass kicked HARD

Hungarian army pursues them to Austrian border

meanwhile revolutions everywhere in Habsburg Empire, including Vienna

Hungarian troops stop at the border since theres uncertainity and governement still wants to talk with the Emperor

They wait too much, Austrian army reorganizes, Hungarians lose battle

Austria occupies Pest-Buda
>>
By end of 1848 war situation is desperate

Tactic and strategic changes

Suddenly by 1849 spring most of Hungary is liberated, Austrian suffer streaks of defeats

new emperor Franz Josephs asks the tsar to help out

This proves too much and Hungarians surrender

few years of full on oppression

Hungarians reuse the proven tactic of passive resistance

some power is gradually given back

1866, Austria gets rekt hard by Prussia

heavy contemplation in Hungary about wat do, rebel again or talk

But the Emperor is faster and all of a suddeny accepts almost all Hungarian demands

1867 Ausgleich, Austria-Hungary is born

die end, for now
>>
>>2602018
It was an old-school multiethnic empire that didn't really work in age of rising nationalism.

Also, it could be argued that Western European powers (particularly France and Britain) conspired to keep A-H weaker so it didn't swallow up more and more Ottoman territory, thus keeping the "Balance of Power".
>>
Based traditionalist state that succumbed to total defeat in the great war.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.