[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Protestant Reformation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: MartinLuther.jpg (81KB, 981x545px) Image search: [Google]
MartinLuther.jpg
81KB, 981x545px
Where would western civilization be without it ?
>>
>>2601329
The dark ages
>>
>>2601329
Divided in some other way.
>>
>>2601334
No one take bait
>>
>>2601329
But what if there had been no Protestantism, and there was only a singular Christianity to defeat? What if without Protestantism, Enlightenment would have been easily been able to relegate Christianity to the place of light nostalgia like the Church of England in the UK. Instead we have Protestantism with its fierce rabid spirituality and venomous self righteousness. Catholicism was vile bit at least most people were just paying lip service and going along with it for social reasons. Post enlightenment, the relative liberalism and openness to modern thought is evident even in our current Pope. Instead we have a Christianity where people actually believe in the fairytales. Modern Catholics are open to science and social progress. Protestantism is the force of darkness in our modern times. We have a dark age of relative lack of progress because of Protestantism.
>>
Here's a fact for you: Martin Luther was a whiny faggot who didn't know shit, and fucked over modern world history.

What have protestants done other than cause wars, persecute people, and permanently fuck over western perception of sex?
>>
>>2601334
this

Middle ages pretty much ended with the reformation
>>
>>2601329
Still doing penances and rosary prayers to the virgin Mary. It would probably resemble the modern day global South. Probably not to different from the way things are now however in the sense of the world being made up of a bunch of embellished seats of power where most are not privileged enough to live in which is just the nature of western societies and civilizations in general.
>>
>>2601393
I think Black Death brought on the Reformation more than anything, people actually had to think for themselves again. Too bad we need to wait for another huge plague for another one though because it's long over due, primarily to get rid of the counter-Reformation - the Jesuits.

>“My history of the Jesuits is not eloquently written, but it is supported by unquestionable authorities, [and] is very particular and very horrible. Their [the Jesuit Order’s] restoration [in 1814 by Pope Pius VII] is indeed a step toward darkness, cruelty, despotism, [and] death. … I do not like the appearance of the Jesuits. If ever there was a body of men who merited eternal damnation on earth and in hell, it is this Society of [Ignatius de] Loyola.”
>John Adams (1735-1826; 2nd President of the United States)
>>
>>2601329
Without Protestantism, there would be no liberalism/feminism/SJW/LGBT
>>
>>2601358
t. catlickor
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.