[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Praying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: XctaIf4.jpg (73KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
XctaIf4.jpg
73KB, 720x960px
Who do I pray to? Am I supposed praying to Jesus or God?
Both? Whoever's listening?

Also can I mentally pray or am I supposed to say it out loud?
>>
File: IMG_1507.jpg (48KB, 368x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1507.jpg
48KB, 368x270px
>>2600990
Jesus is God. Pray because you want to submit to God, don't pray because you want things. It should pray because you want to show god that you love Him.
>>
>>2601048
Thanks, I'm born and raised Catholic and just trying to get back into it.
>>
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
>>
>>2600990
Tengri
>>
God is triune . One God three persons within the Godhead all unified in Spirit , Love and Holiness. So praying is praying to the entire Godhead
>>
Tengri, lord of the blue skies is listenin
>>
>>2601070
You're praying to God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit - the Trinity. You can mentally pray or say it out loud. Everyone you wish to intercede for you can listen - as long as they're in Heaven!

Good luck with trying to get back into Catholicism, wish I could say the same.
>>
>>2600990
you have to say it out loud, otherwise he won't hear you. You also have to say it really loud and inside a church. just pray to jesus, god doesn't care about some fag on a micronesian pottery glazing forum
>>
>>2600990

When exercising your spiritual authority in the physical the voice itself has power but praying to God internally can be just as effective and God will hear you still, for God knows men's hearts.

I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
Jeremiah 17:10

God Bless
>>
>>2602006

Also, pray in Jesus' name, TO Jesus

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:6
>>
5And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their reward. 6But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

7And when you pray, do not babble on like pagans, for they think that by their many words they will be heard. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.

9So then, this is how you should pray:

‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be Your name,
10Your kingdom come,
Your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11Give us this day our daily bread,
12And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors;
13And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.

14For if you forgive men their trespasses, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive yours.
>>
File: Martyrs.jpg (1MB, 1800x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Martyrs.jpg
1MB, 1800x1050px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROM5EpCQUlg
>>
File: 1491117131466.jpg (78KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1491117131466.jpg
78KB, 640x640px
Neither, or at least not to the biblical God.
I was in my backyard and I experienced some kind of spiritual apotheosis, then my eyes turned lizardlike, then I dreamt I was going to heaven, God made sure I picked no religion.
>>
File: jesus_Teddy.png (282KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
jesus_Teddy.png
282KB, 640x640px
>>
Thank you everybody. The serious responses helped a lot.
>>
>>2600990
Depends. If you're a catholic you could pray to God in the form of the trinity, or one part of the trinity eg the father for strength or the son for acceptance. You could pray to a saint to intercede for you. Honestly just go to your local priest to get true church teaching even if it is heretical
>>
>tfw you realize even giving the quality of existence to God is heresy
>tfw you realize qualifying anything is heresy
>tfw you realize even proclaiming something like Quietism as a solution to this problem is still heretical qualifying and rationalizing
>tfw you realize speaking of heresy and qualification is still heresy and qualification
How does one deal with this? Both thought and nonthought, being and nonbeing, and even this conception of dualism, is all an affront to God. One literally cannot even do nothing without causing offence.
>>
>>2602123
This is a good thing.

If you could fit God in your brain, he would not be worth worshipping.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.