[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*Absolves your sins*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1478.jpg (170KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1478.jpg
170KB, 480x608px
*Absolves your sins*
>>
>>2600876
How?
>>
File: 1490410805120.jpg (69KB, 775x837px) Image search: [Google]
1490410805120.jpg
69KB, 775x837px
>>2600876
I know that Jesus died for our sins, but more broadly speaking what does that entail exactly? What was the significance of the crucifixion?

I've asked my priest but his answer was confusing and I just can't grasp it. I know it was a truly incredible act of humanity for a God to willingly lay down his life for the benefit of his creation, but I don't understand why he needed to.
>>
>>2600923
Were all born with the original sin from Adam and Eve (or if you want a more theological and philosophical reason, because we're all human and do immoral things), so Jesus came to suffer for us in our stead, so if we ask for forgiveness we are given it.
>>
>>2600928
But why is Jesus' suffering necessary to the process. Why can't/won't God simply grant forgiveness from the asking without the necessity of crucifixion?
>>
>>2600876
If he absolved all sins, why do we need to repent?
>>
>>2600933

not that anon but
To show how much he loves us I guess.
>>
File: 1433416295211.jpg (77KB, 353x313px) Image search: [Google]
1433416295211.jpg
77KB, 353x313px
>>2600923

Best way I can describe it is as the ultimate sacrifice to give humanity a way out of "fallen" status, (achieved back from the Garden of Eden and the human sin-nature) ie. the nature of humanity to rebel against God and what God wants for us to do /be in this lifetime. Think of it like telling someone they can do ANYTHING they want but don't look in what's in THIS box here, what do you think the first thought that will cross that person's mind despite EVERYTHING else being offered to it for free? (What's in the box m8?)

Before to achieve atonement (which only "covers" sin) there had to be the sacrifice of animals/offerings to God. Jesus was the FINAL sacrifice of the "unblemished lamb" the most perfect a sacrifice COULD be was a literal incarnation of God himself on the physical plane through Christ Jesus and this served to COMPLETELY NULLIFY all sin through him which could not be achieved by any other means, not because humanity deserved it, but because God is merciful and gave humanity his grace (which is never deserved). The powers of evil need a way / legal reason in order to EVEN BE ABLE to mess with humanity the way it does by causing constant suffering BECAUSE we're all sinners/deserve the punishment related to such sin by default. This needed to happen because there needed to be a way for people to still have free-will yet still give humanity the OPTION to truly serve / follow God by following Jesus (and thus not be victims of the "fallen-nature" anymore) but this only applies to BELIEVERS.

Think of it like being in an shark-infested ocean where everyone ends up drowning eventually (going to the bottom of eternity in death) despite being good/bad Jesus is that person throwing humanity a lifeline to NOT sink for eternity but you still have to GRAB the line and HOLD ON to it.

Hope this helps Praise Jesus.
>>
>>2600933
I'm not a theologian but I was in Catholic School for most of my childhood, so from my understanding it's basically that someone had to do the suffering and Jesus took it upon himself to do it for us. Not sure though, it's probably just "god works in mysterious ways "
>>
I'm >>2600972 and actually >>2600971 is probably more close to established theology
>>
>>2600923
He was a sacrifice from God to humanity. A role inversion.
>>
File: Nietzsche.jpg (11KB, 192x262px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche.jpg
11KB, 192x262px
>>2600876
God is dead!
>>
>>2600987
YOU BLASPHEMED!
>>
>>2600876
>creates sins so he can get upvotes
>"sacrifices" himself to himself for upvotes

fucking narcissist.
>>
>>2600989
Idk why memesters always use this quote as a le funny meme that BTFOs kkkhristians
The rest of the quote goes into how the death of god is pretty much a terrible thing for society and human psychology and philosophy.
>>
>>2600923
Ransom: Christ was sacrificed as a ransom to the Devil in exchange for freeing man from sin
Christus Victor: Christ's sacrifice was a victory over evil, liberating mankind from the bondage of sin
Satisfaction: Christ's sacrifice served as a substitute to satisfy God's justice
Penal substitution: Christ bore the punishment of mankind's sins to satisfy God's justice
Moral influence/exemplar: Christ's sacrifice was an inspiring example for humanity
Scapegoat: Christ's sacrifice was intended to reveal the futility of victimizing others and help mankind break the cycles of violence

Take your pick.
>>
>>2600876
Thank you, lord.
>>
>>2600971
>Before to achieve atonement (which only "covers" sin) there had to be the sacrifice of animals/offerings to God

But that's wrong and completely unsupported by the Old Testament. Paul literally just made it up. Check out 2 Chronicles 7:14.
>>
>>2600876
Best one of these yet.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.