[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about the Yellow scare.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1399079719.jpg (163KB, 724x430px) Image search: [Google]
1399079719.jpg
163KB, 724x430px
Did people really fear that the Chinese/Japanese would take over the world?
>>
File: 1bbcc46d.jpg (89KB, 568x435px) Image search: [Google]
1bbcc46d.jpg
89KB, 568x435px
>Wilhelm had wrote to Nicholas the question of Russian interests in Manchuria and Korea were besides the point, saying instead it was a matter of Russia "undertaking the protection and defense of the White Race, and with it, Christian civilization, against the Yellow Race. And whatever the Japs are determined to ensure the domination of the Yellow Race in East Asia, to put themselves at its head and organise and lead it into battle against the White Race. That is the kernel of the situation, and therefore there can be very little doubt about where the sympathies of all half-way intelligent Europeans should lie. England betrayed Europe's interests to America in a cowardly and shameful way over the Panama Canal question, so as to be left in 'peace' by the Yankees. Will the 'Tsar' likewise betray the interests of the White Race to the Yellow as to be 'left in peace' and not embarrass the Hague tribunal too much?"

Kaiser Willy actually, unironically thought the Japanese would ally with the Chinese to dominate the world. This is what racists of the time actually believed. And no I don't mean "he said mean things about Asians" racists but real bona fide "race is a real, 100% scientific, and accurate historical determinant and policy platform" racist. Racism, while useful as a way to rally support and curry favor because "they took our jobs", is woefully ignorant not just of other cultures but also of geopolitics, economics, and historical context.

See Roosevelt's executive orders on Japanese internment. The educated and thriving Japanese middle class entrepeneurs and workers of the American southwest had all their property forcibly confiscated and, to fill in the resulting labor vacuum, business during and after the war were incentivized to import cheaper black, Mexican, and central American workers (see Bracero program and the Great Migration).
>>
>>2595400
The desire by Japanese to incorporate Koreans into Japan proper was correct.

They also didn't necessarily think the japs would ally with the chinks. Just set themselves up as a foreign dynasty and project all that manpower and resources westwards too.

The yellow peril is real and the Chinese espionage in the US among third and fourth generation chinks even proves it.
>>
>>2595404
this
beware the han menace
>>
>>2595224
Fucking mimics always ruining my day
>>
Is /his/ seriously the Asian board on 4chan?

I mean, all the shit-flinging at anything Germanic, but point a finger at Asiatics and you guys get histrionic and hypersensitive. My favorite Chinese historical figure is Shinzo Abe, the infamous Yangban that choked and died on fried pork belly, BTW.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.