[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>decisive French victory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: FrenchRevolutionaryWars.png (52KB, 1357x628px) Image search: [Google]
FrenchRevolutionaryWars.png
52KB, 1357x628px
>decisive French victory
>>
>>2595108
Alternate Napoleonic War?
>>
>>2595108
Most of those countries were only nominally taking part in the war
>>
>>2595115
this was the first revolutionary war i believe

>>2595117
>merely weren't trying
>>
>>2595108
Yeah, too bad Nappy didn't know when to stop. Fuck, how many leaders historically have pinned their hopes on "Well, England will give up eventually", and then got fucked in the ass?
>>
>>2595128
It's not like Portugal, Spain, the UK, the HRE, Austria, Prussia, Russia, the Ottomans, those minor italian states and those indian kingdoms all sent their entire armies to attack France
>>
File: 1446460457217.jpg (718KB, 1692x2004px) Image search: [Google]
1446460457217.jpg
718KB, 1692x2004px
>>2595115
Revolutionary Wars
>>
>>2595153
Looking at the numbers of casualties, it seems that the number of deaths was the same as the Seven Years War. AKA they deployed similarly sized armies.
>>
>>2595153
Austria, Prussia, Britain and Spain did
Russia sent a good chunk of its army (that got BTFO) to Italy, but only at the end
The Ottomans were only involved when the French invaded Egypt
And Italy was an Austrian possession

Still, it was a major war, and all the countries I cited on the first line (which were all major power) were trying their outmost to defeat France and failed
>>
>>2595181
>>2595172
Huh, impressive. Levée en masse is one hell of a drug
>>
>>2595187
Yep
The mass conscription allowed the France alone to match the numbers of the coalition in term of troops, making it pretty even
Meritocracy for generals did the rest

Btw, the monarchies that were opposing France couldnt do the same because, unlike France, they didnt have popular support and thus were too fearful of the plebs to arm them
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.