[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the Goal of a Society?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1489330672069.jpg (53KB, 564x797px) Image search: [Google]
1489330672069.jpg
53KB, 564x797px
I've been struggling with this question for a couple of days now... what function should a society serve?

Preservation of the species? Maximizing happiness of citizens? Gaining as much sociopolitical complexity as possible? Worship of the divine?

Tell me your thoughts, and then tell me about your ideology.
>>
minimizing the suffering of its citizens imo
>>
>>2593372
There is none, but people arbitrarily assign a goal to either their or all societies for ideological purposes.
>>
To create a relatively safe environment within which great thinkers and workers can thrive for the betterment of humanity as a whole. Think of it as a fisherman casting his net into the ocean, gathering the anchovies as well as the Tuna
>>
>>2593404
Die statist scum. This leads to the citizens and their world being managed like livestock and pasture, just look at American public education for example.
>>2593372
Society shouldn't have a purpose, it should just have liberty and 1 rule, do whatever you want as long as it doesn't hurt the world or any other individual in the process. It's just networks, social networks don't contemplate value, that can only happen on the level of organismal life.
>>
>>2595561
There is a different between society and a governed state. You can have one without the other.
>>
>>2593372
Maintaining itself
>>
>>2595561
> Muh NAP
> Muh liberty

Harming yourself harms society unless you live alone on an island with no friends or family. The fact that humans exist for the sake of society is proven by the herd instinct of humanity. We cannot cultivate a virtuous society by encouraging the pursuit of material goods and growth for its own sake
>>
>>2593372
Basically this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rk2hPrEnk8
>>
>>2595579
>advanced society without state
I'll take unchecked naivety for $400 alex
>>
>>2595586
>herd instinct of humanity
Herds didn't evolve to have shepherds.
>We cannot cultivate a virtuous society by encouraging the pursuit of material goods and growth for its own sake
I agree and that is not contradictory to my post
>>
>>2595608
>advanced society with a state
>calls others naive
Wew lad
>>
>>2595642
are you retarded? pls provide a single example of a functioning developed/advanced society that can function without some measure of state control.
>>
>>2595638
Yes it is because libertarianism encourages pride and greed, with the accumulation of wealth being the end goal. Harming yourself also harms society, particularly your family. A culture and spirituality that strives for a greater goal and has reverence for tradition and your ancestors is necessary for civilization
>>
File: disgust fish.png (168KB, 479x357px) Image search: [Google]
disgust fish.png
168KB, 479x357px
>>2595586
>The fact that humans exist for the sake of society is proven by the herd instinct of humanity
Say that shit to my face and not online and see what happens.
>>
>>2595737
Would you violate the NAP to show me the superiority of libertarianism?
>>
>>2595822
I'm not a libertarian but you still disgust me.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.