[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

minority influence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 蒲志強19890510.jpg (129KB, 550x749px) Image search: [Google]
蒲志強19890510.jpg
129KB, 550x749px
according to Serge Moscovici, the characteristics needed in the real world for a minority to influence the behavior and/or ideas of the majority are for the minority to be coherent, show/say something that put a social norm in crisis or discredit it, attract attention, show security and complete trust in their points of view, and not go away until their point of view is accepted and eventually changes the status quo.
How come tho these things often don't apply in the real world?
see pic related for an example, one of the students involved in the tien an men square protests in 1989
>>
>>2593201
It all depends on the cirstances and relative power. I would say the strategy is not bad, but it is by no means guaranteed to work.
Ghandi couldn't beat Stallin.
Or n for example if a governemnt is willing to use long term displacement to remove you then you are royally fucked liked the tibetans.
>>
>>2593201
>How come tho these things often don't apply in the real world?
because in the end, they're still a minority

that being said, a vocal minority is still heard

and that theory can apply to the contemporary US
>>
>>2594286
>a minority has to [...], why doesn't this work?
>because they're a minority
I must be messing the point somewhere here
if Moscovici was right then these minorities should have succeeded in changing the status quo
were their ideas too extreme?
>>
>>2594444
>if Moscovici was right then these minorities should have succeeded in changing the status quo
If every minority became influential then the status quo would change day to day since there are a hell of a lot of minority beliefs
>>
I meant every minority that satisfied these criteria in the OP
these student movements in china should have succeeded, they satisfied these criteria and they seemed to have changed how/what people thought about some stuff, at least for a couple weeks, and then the government scared the majority enough
if the status quo really changed, then people should have gone down on the streets even the day after the 4th of june, and also the week later and the month later until stuff changed
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.