[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1177 BC: The Year Civilization Collapsed (Eric Cline, PhD)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1464636729709.jpg (537KB, 731x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1464636729709.jpg
537KB, 731x1024px
I watched this documentary about the sea peoples yesterday and I recommend it to you guys. Very interesting and actually fun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRcu-ysocX4

Pls post your recommendations
>>
>>2592710
that's a lecture, not a documentary

watching now
>>
>>2592730
You are right. I apologize for lack of english vocabulary.
>>
File: mapa22.jpg (369KB, 1248x900px) Image search: [Google]
mapa22.jpg
369KB, 1248x900px
>>2592710
I saw it, and obviously he's right that there had to be a ton of factors involved.
The romance about the sea peoples is the more fun theory but what can you do?
>>
>>2592710
I'm surprised he waits until the 25 minute mark to mention colder climate. I've always heard that the colder weather was THE factor that caused the Sea Peoples to migrate.

For another contemporary event check this out. It appears that there was a very large battle in Germany at this time. Bronze age Northern Europe is slowly coming to light.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/03/slaughter-bridge-uncovering-colossal-bronze-age-battle
>>
>>2592988
>>2592710
No one says the sea peoples were the sole factor.

But their existence is documented by mutliple sources roughly during the same time, whoever thinks they were made up is even more idiotic than those who think they were he sole reason for the bronze collpase
>>
>>2594826

Thanks for posting the article. It's fascinating, and I had no idea such a conflict had, or could have occurred in the area at that time.
>>
>>2594895
No one is saying they were made up either. Just that every destroyed city doesn't equal sea peoples attack.
>>
>>2594826
On a vaguely related topic, Lindybeige has an interesting video on bronze age British agriculture. I'll post it when I get off mobile.
>>
>>2594895

I don't think anyone is saying they were the sole cause. But the destruction of the Hitties and the fall of Mycenae and the near bankruptcy of Egypt different changed what was going on in the world at the time.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.