[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /his/ I recently got a newfound interest into the etruscans,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: etruscans.jpg (48KB, 480x200px) Image search: [Google]
etruscans.jpg
48KB, 480x200px
So /his/ I recently got a newfound interest into the etruscans, what can you tell me about them?
Also were they seen by romans as we see the romans?
>>
>>2592243

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrsenian_languages

They were immigrants from Anatolia to Italy who cucked the local Indo-European Italic people who had already cucked the pre-IE people a little while earlier.

Italian ultranationalists dispute it with bad arguments because they are so autistic they think "Anatolia" means modern day Turkish people.
>>
>>2592256
Why were there so many anatolia migrations when anatolia is pretty good for farming?
I remember some anatolians also finding their way to ireland.
>>
>>2592259
Because Anatolia got fucked hard in the Bronze Age Collapse.

>I remember some anatolians also finding their way to ireland.
No you don't. You're probably thinking Iberians.
https://www.sott.net/article/263587-DNA-shows-Irish-people-have-more-complex-origins-than-previously-thought
>>
>>2592256
Sure...they cucked the warring Indoeuropeans who had just come and who had superior weapons, yeah, really believable hypothesis my kebab "friend".

Sadly whoever actually has taken interest in the Bronze age Mediterranean knows well that such a thing could hve never happened considering mainland Italics were urnfield people and thus the most fearsome warriors of Bronze age Europe, who were employed as mercenaries by the Myceneans and levantine, the west Anatolians could have never stood a chance against such fearsome warriors, wielding Naue II bronze swords, Anatolians had kopesh and would have been destroyed
>>
>>2592476
Weren't the Sea Peoples feared more?
>>
>>2592480
They were part of the sea peoples, Weshesh (Oscians) and Shekelesh (Sicels)
>>
>>2592476
>muh swords
>muh fierce warriors
All the post-Bronze Age migrations were westward including the Greeks, Phoenicians, and most likely the Etruscans.
>>
>>2592838
Those are iron age migrations you ignorant fuck, during the late bronze age, which is 500 years before those iron age migrations (the Greek and Phoenician ones, either way the Greeks migrated eastwards too) people migrated eastward, the urnfield people expanded south and East, pushing into Mycenean Greece, where they were taken as mercenaries by the Myceneans.

Either way if you want to I'll make a detailed post on why the Etruscans are a native+Italic mix and have nothing to do with Western Anatolian, both the LBA and EIA ones.
>>
>>2592838
You literally just repeated what he said except put muh in front of it
>>
>>2592852
The Etruscans didn't exist in the Bronze Age you ignorant fuck, they are necessarily an iron-age phenomenon. Bringing up the Bronze Age is utterly irrelevant to the discussion.
>>
>>2592872

Woah, you mean that their language was invented in the iron age?
Amazing
>>
>>2592874
Every single identifiable aspect of their culture, including language, enters the historical record in the Iron Age, yes.
>>
>>2592891

Their language still existed in the bronze age
>>
>>2592872
>Bringing up the Bronze Age is utterly irrelevant to the discussion.

I read bronze age instead of psot bronze age.

Either way, my post still stands.

And you need to know LBA Anatolia if you wanna talk about EIA Anatolians, EIA Anatolians are even less likely to have anything to do with the Etruscans, since we know all of them pretty well because we have more documents from Western and Central Anatolians in this period, but if you wanna understand them compeltely you gotta know LBA Anatolians too.

We have:

Lydians, that the legend connects to the Etruscans, however we know thwy couldn't be related because:

Lydians spoke Lydian, an Indoeuropean language of the Anatolian group, which most likely came from Luwian, they used a different alphabet from the Etruscans, while Luwians used hieroglyphs (Look up Luwian Hieroglyphs).

So, different people from the Etruscans who were clearly not Indoeuropean speaking people.

Then we have: Carians, who were just south of the Lydians, they are documented to be there since the Bronze age, and we know that in the EIA they spoke Carian, another Indoeuropean langauge from the Anatolian family.

Then further South, in the South Western coast of Anatoia, we have Lycians, who were documented since the BA (known as Lukka both by Hittities, Egyptians and Ugaritic people), who spoke Lycian, yet another Indoeuropean langauge of the Anatolian branch.

PART 1 finished, continues--->
>>
>>2592896
And we have no inscriptions or accounts of it from that period.
All we know is that it's possibly related to Rhaetian and Lemnian.
>>
>>2592915
Part 2:

Know, let's see, is there any great disruption between LBA and EIA in Etruria that justify your claim of "Anatolians/a foreign population" military CONQUERING and thus "cucking" central Italians?

No, there is not, there are no signs of destruction or warfare, there is no cultural diruption at all, it's clear that the Etruscans came from the preceding Villanovian and Protovillanovian culture, the elements are the same and the Eastern influence in the Etruscan culture only begins when the Greeks start visiting Italy during the 8th century, and it's a Greek influence, not an Antolian one, justifiable by trade.

Note that urbanization starts in Etruria already in the IX and VIII century bc, so parallel to that of the Greeks, and more importantly, in a period which is classified as "Villanovian" AKA Western and a direct continuation of the Protovillanovian period of LBA Etruria with all the same elements: aristocracy, urnfield liek burials, fibulae production, etc
>>
>>2592259

Populations exploded with agriculture, and humans had yet to develop the technology to allow denser populations than self-sufficient farming villages.
>>
>>2592243
Unfortunately very little is known about the Etruscans because big chunks of their language remain untranslated.

We need to find a "Rosetta Stone" for Etruscan.
>>
>>2592243
The Etruscans used a variety of the Western Greek Alphabet. The Etruscan alphabet would strongly influence the Latin Alphabet.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.