[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I get a medal for every 10 thousand Russians I kill.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Zhukov-LIFE-1944-1945.jpg (23KB, 230x318px) Image search: [Google]
Zhukov-LIFE-1944-1945.jpg
23KB, 230x318px
>I get a medal for every 10 thousand Russians I kill.
>>
>ten thousand

try 100 thousand
>>
>>2588549
Georgy "I must unite the Proletariat under one graveyard" Zhukov
>>
Georgy "If we encounter a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as if it wasn't there" Zhukov
>>
>>2588559
>100 thousand
try 1 million
>>
No, woman, no cry
No, woman, no cry
'Ere, little darlin', don't shed no tears
No, woman, no cry

Said, said, said, I remember when-a we used to sit
In the government yard in Trenchtown
And then Georgie would make the fire lights
As it was logwood burnin' through the nights
Then we would cook cornmeal porridge
Of which I'll share with you
My feet is my only carriage
So I've got to push on through
But while I'm gone, I mean
Everything's gonna be all right
>>
>>2588561
this
>>
"One death is a tragedy, one million deaths is a campaign lead by me." -Georgy Zhukov

Seriously though he was a pretty good general actually had the balls to debate Stalin "my high score is higher than the holodmor" Joseph
>>
>>2591066
if you think what constitutes a good general is someone who gets as many of his people killed as he possibly can he's certainly at the top of the list
>>
>>2591080
Soldiers are just a means to an end.

Better to sacrifice every soldier and win the battle than have 1 remaining and lose that battle.

War is hell.
>>
File: grantphoto.jpg (439KB, 1139x1590px) Image search: [Google]
grantphoto.jpg
439KB, 1139x1590px
>>2591080
We acclaim grant for the same thing, look at the shit he did during the overland campaign that stuff was Zhukov before Zhukov.

Zhukov was a great with logistics and organization he wasn't just aimless throwing troops against the Germans in a desperate attempt to slow them like some asshole.

Zhukov needed to get shit done so he did.
>>
>>2591066
>Seriously though he was a pretty good general actually had the balls to debate Stalin "my high score is higher than the holodmor" Joseph

Pretty sure that was Rokossovsky.

>A famous incident is consistently reported from various sources in slightly different versions that during the planning in 1944 of Operation Bagration, Rokossovsky disagreed with Stalin, who demanded in accordance with Soviet war practice a single break-through of the German frontline. Rokossovsky held firm in his argument for two points of break-through. Stalin ordered Rokossovsky to "go and think it over" three times, but every time he returned and gave the same answer "two break-throughs, comrade Stalin, two break-throughs". After the third time Stalin remained silent, but walked over to Rokossovsky and put a hand on his shoulder. A tense moment followed as the whole room waited for Stalin to rip the epaulette from Rokossovsky's shoulder; instead, Stalin said "Your confidence speaks for your sound judgement", and ordered the attack to go forward according to Rokossovsky's plan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konstantin_Rokossovsky

Mind you that he was a Polish and had been imprisoned during Great Purge.
>>
>>2589448

one more register and infinite world peace would be achieved
>>
>>2591450
Real talk the best Soviet commander.
>>
>>2591450

>Another significant element of their relationship was Zhukov's straightforwardness toward Stalin. Stalin was dismissive of the fawning of many of his entourage and openly criticized it. Many people around Stalin — such as Beria, Yezhov, Mekhlis, and some others — felt the need to flatter Stalin to remain on his good side. Zhukov was different. By contrast, he was stubbornly willing to express his views, often going openly against Stalin's opinion even to the point of risking his career and life. His heated argument with Stalin on the subject of abandoning Kiev in June 1941 was a typical example of Zhukov's approach. This independence in Zhukov's thinking gained Stalin's respect. It caused Zhukov considerable difficulties with Stalin on several occasions, but was the main reason the decision-making of Stavka became more objective and effective.

I'm not denying that Rokossovsky did some impressive stuff Belarus but to that extent as shown above Zhukov was willing to butt heads with Stalin as well and he did get shit done.

if you can read Russian
http://militera.lib.ru/memo/russian/shtemenko/index.html

Otherwise wiki has got the summary down some
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgy_Zhukov
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.